Zesty Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings that will wow your guests at your next family and friends gathering! They are super easy to make and are packed with delicious flavor from the very first bite.
Made with frozen chicken wings, this air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings is hardly a recipe at all, but is one of the most delicious wings you’ll ever taste.
It’s a must have for everyone who likes munching on deliciously tangy chicken.
Coated with peppery spice blend spices, the chicken boasts lip-smacking flavors that you cannot get anywhere else.
Lemon Pepper Wings Ingredients
All you need are two ingredients to make these air fryer lemon wings, then you’ll end up with the most delicious for you to enjoy with your family and friends, making them great for game day!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken Wings (3 Lbs.): It is easiest to buy wings that are already separated into flats and drumettes. We used the frozen wings.
There are two ways you can handle the wings. You can let them thaw out in the air fryer by air frying them for about 5-10 minutes, then season them with olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
Or, you can let them thaw out first, then season them with the lemon pepper seasoning blend and olive oil.
With either method, be sure to remove the liquid if thawing out from the air fryer, or pat them dry with a paper towel if letting them thaw out first. That way, the chicken wings will not be soggy.
- Lemon Pepper Blend (3 tbsp): You can certainly make your own lemom pepper spice blend, or use the store-bought version. For our recipe, we used the store bought spice blend.
- Garlic Powder (1 Tsp): To help the lemon flavor pop!
- Olive Oil Spray: To spray on the air fryer basket or tray to keep the chicken from sticking to the basket/tray.
Can I Use Chicken Breast Instead Of Chicken Wings?
Absolutely. This lemon pepper wings in an air fryer can be substituted which chicken breast. To make lemon pepper chicken using chicken breast starts by cooking the marinated tender chicken breasts in the air fryer with the thinnest coat of oil to achieve the crispy exterior and juiciest inner.
You can switch it up by finishing the meal with a bright and refreshing pop of fresh lemon as well as rich butter that results in an appetizing meal that you can enjoy and end up licking your fingers.
Many people think that lemon pepper seasoning is enough when it comes to using other parts of the bird, but it’s best to take the traditional route and use fresh lemons because they have a much fresher flavor.
How To Make Your Chicken Wings In Air Fryer?
Air-fried lemon pepper chicken wings is a quick recipe. Here’s how to make it. The full recipe with the exact ingredients are listed below in the recipe card.
Start with 3lbs of wings. If they are frozen place them in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees to thaw them out. Once thawed, place them in a bowl and wash them under cold water and vinegar. Though this is optional, we always wash our meats before cooking. Pat them dry.
In a bowl, mix the wings with lemon pepper seasoning and the garlic powder. Spray air fryer tray with oil spray and place wings in air fryer basket or tray (depending on your air fryer).
About halfway through the cooking process, turn the wings over so they can be well cooked on both sides. Upon completion, remove and enjoy.
Because these lemon pepper wings are made in an air fryer, they promise a healthier version without you having to count calories with every bite.
In addition, it is the quick-fix meal that won’t require you to marinate the chicken wings for hours before and do not require you to stand in front of the stove.
Not to forget, you will be able to enjoy the protein from chicken and vitamin C from additional lemon juice.
In case you were too excited to make air fryer lemon pepper wings and made extra chicken, you can surely refrigerate it.
Let us warn you that reheated lemon pepper chicken wings won’t be as fresh, bright, and scrumptious as they were when freshly air-fried.
If you want to make a full meal, start serving your air fryer lemon pepper wings with rice pilaf and baked potatoes.
On top of everything, if you aren’t a rice person, just bake yourself some garlic bread because the garlic and lemon notes truly complement each other!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES TO ENJOY
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
How To Air Fry Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 3 Lbs. Frozen Chicken Wings
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Start with 3 Lbs. of wings. If they are frozen place them in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees to thaw them out. Once thawed, place them in a bowl and wash them under cold water and vinegar (however, this is optional). Pat the wings dry.
- In a bowl, mix the wings with lemon pepper seasoning and the garlic powder. Spray air fryer tray or basket with oil spray and place the wings the in air fryer basket or tray (depending on your air fryer). Cook for 20 to 25 minutes (longer if needed) at 400 degrees. About halfway through the cooking process, turn the wings over so they can be well cooked on both sides. Drain the liquid as necessary. Upon completion, remove and enjoy.