Classic Old-Fashioned Tomato Soup
Healthy, flavorful tomato soup. Creamy homemade tomato soup that’s simple and easy to make. Perfectly roasted vegetables. Canned free. No junk – real tomatoes, real ingredients.
Friends, when I was younger, I hated tomato soup. I had no appreciation for the flavor. Now, it’s a completely different story.
I don’t know about you, but a bowl of warm delicious goodness is what I opt-in for in the fall, spring, and winter months.
I keep the tomato soup recipe as classic as possible – therefore, there will be no need to revert back to canned tomato soup. Let’s be honest, the homemade stuff is always better, right?
This tomato soup will warm up your belly during those cold days, and still perfectly enjoyable during spring or fall. Perfectly roasted vegetables.
Homemade. Healthy and delicious. The ultimate comfort food, or tomato soup, in my opinion.
How do you make tomato soup with fresh tomatoes?
The steps are simple. Simply roast the vegetables. Blend the vegetables. Simmer and season. Enjoy. Just as simple as that.
This tomato soup will not disappoint.
What is good to eat with tomato soup?
Add a twist to this extraordinary tomato soup by pairing it with the following sides.
Too many of us burn ourselves out; constantly using our gifts and abilities in ways that aren’t meant to be used. Exercise prudence with your decisions.
Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 13 oz. carrots 2 large carrots, cut 2 inches
- 2 lbs. Tomatoes Lakeside
- 6 oz. Sunset Cultivar Tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 5 cups water best to use warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet or roaster, assemble the first four ingredients. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn the carrots on the other side and roast the vegetables for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow cooling. Place the vegetables in a blender along with the juice. Add 2 ½ cups water and the fresh basil. Blend until smooth.
- Over the stove on medium heat, using a medium saucepan, pour the mixture and add 2 ½ cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Allow simmering for 5-6 minutes. Stir. Serve warm and enjoy.