Top notch roasted air fryer asparagus that’s perfect as a side dish for a weeknight meal, but yet sits beautifully at the table to be served for a formal dinner party.
Think you’ve had enough of your air fryer recipes? Think again. This tender, juicy, air fryer asparagus comes together quickly and easily within just a few steps.
Asparagus – Use thick asparagus. The thicker the better to avoid the vegetable being soggy.
Salt and Pepper is used to season the vegetable.
Olive Oil is used to coat the vegetable.
Garlic Cloves Minced are used to season and enhance the flavors.
How To Make Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Roasted asparagus is the perfect spring and summer side dish. It’s simple to throw together while attending to the main dishes. Weirdly enough, it is one of the few vegetables that my children actually eat.
Below are my step by step photo guides to help you make this recipe with ease each and every single time.
You’ll want to prep your asparagus. Start by trimming off the bottom of the asparagus. The ends of this vegetable can be difficult to eat as they tend to be tough to chew.
I recommend cutting off about ½ inch off the bottom before proceeding with the next step.
Place the asparagus on a baking sheet or large plate then toss them in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket. Cook on 370º F for 8 minutes.
Other Ways To Season Asparagus
Below are some of my favorite options you can use as toppings for your asparagus that will certainly bring you some joyful flavors. Simple is always best, but if you want something more exciting consider the following options below.
- Use butter – Using the above recipe, I recommend using unsalted butter since salt is already added to the recipe.
- Lemon zest and/Lemon Juice/ or lemon wedges – Lemon compliments asparagus well. Consider adding the zest or the juice of the lemon before or even after cooking the vegetable to brighten up the flavor.
- Use Cheese – Take it to the next level by adding parmesan cheese to the asparagus before placing them in the air fryer. Or simply adding the cheese to the vegetable right after removing it from the heat.
- Add some heat – Adding heat like cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes will intensify the flavors and bring some kick to the dish.
- Add vinegar – consider using apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to give it a slight acidic taste.
How To Store Asparagus
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are easily reheated in the microwave. The asparagus can be store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
I do not recommend freezing the asparagus as they can be mushy once thawed and heated.
The best way to avoid that stringy texture is to make sure that the asparagus is generous in size. I find that the skinny asparagus will not roast well.
Remove the bottom piece to avoid eating a woody stringy asparagus.
The best way to test if the roasted asparagus are cooked completely is by the color. Once they start to turn brown, they are done. You can always use a fork to test the softness of the vegetable. The fork should be inserted without a fuss.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you enjoyed this air fryer asparagus recipe, try this delicious Vegan Asparagus salad with cranberry vinaigrette
By the way, do you know that it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site?
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
- 1 Lb. Asparagus
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt Or to taste
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper Or to taste
- Start by trimming off 1/2 inch of the bottom of the asparagus.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet or large plate then toss them in the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket. Cook on 370º F for 8 minutes.