These Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings is seasoned with Haitian Epis and require little work to prepare, leaving you with the most tender-juicy meat on the inside, and crispy skin on the outside.
These air fryer frozen chicken wings are perfect for a busy weeknight meal and when you are in a hurry to get dinner on the table.
To begin with, these chicken wings were created by accident, and ever since then, there has been no going back. In addition, the frozen chicken wings have a higher skin ratio to meat, which is when air-fried, turns into the most delicious and lip-smacking wings.
Chicken wings are basically the white meat cuts that are known for their juicy texture. They are usually fried in oil, but you can coat them with avocado oil or coconut oil, and air fry them to retain the crispy texture.
In addition, frozen chicken wings made in an air fryer will have a more concentrated flavor while striking the right balance of the herbs and seasoning that’s added to the meat from the Haitian Epis.
As far as the sauce is concerned, epis can also be used as a dipping sauce as well.
Recipe Ingredients & How To Cook Frozen Wings in the Air Fryer
Trust us, you do not need a lot of ingredients to make these wings; assuming you already have the epis on hand.
3 lbs. chicken
½ Cup Epis
Here’s what you need to do to make these wings.
- Remove the chicken from the package and place the frozen wings in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Then remove the chicken from the air fryer, and drain the liquid. Then clean the chicken (we used water and vinegar, but this is optional).
- Add the Haitian epis to the chicken. Mix well to combine.
- Return the wings to the air fryer and continue to air fry for 25-30 minutes depending on your air fryer, and rotate the chicken halfway though.
- After you have reached your desired crispiness, remove the chicken from the air fryer and serve warm and enjoy.
How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
The wings do not take long to cook. In fact, in less than 30 minutes the wings will be ready. The wings take just a little more than the traditional wings.
Air Fryer Temperature To Cook Wings
We recommend cooking the frozen wings at 400 degrees.
When it comes down to the air-fried frozen chicken wings, they are basically baked without any oil. Also, the air fryer circulates air pretty rapidly, resulting in crispy and nice skin, so you can enjoy the delishness without worrying about the high-calorie count caused by oil.
Having said that, the frozen chicken wings are no longer bad because the calorie count is less and uses less oil.
On top of everything, the frozen chicken wings made in the air fry promises ultra crispy skin with super tender and juicy meat – what more could you even need?
Is It Safe To Cook Air Fryer Chicken Wings Frozen?
Yes, you can put frozen chicken in the air fryer. It is very safe. If you are uncomfortable about cooking the frozen chicken, we recommend that you defrost the chicken first in warm water.
Change the water every 30 minutes to 1 hour to help the chicken defrost faster.
Be sure to cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
How To Store?
If you managed to air-fry more frozen chicken wings than you could savor, you could always store them. They can be stored in the freezer or a refrigerator.
For this purpose, place the wings in shallow containers and refrigerate until they reach a temperature less than 40-degrees Fahrenheit. Also, they can only be refrigerated for over four days.
When ready to eat, reheat the chicken wings in the microwave until heated through.
These air fryer frozen chicken wings pairs well with stuffed mini peppers and onions to match the crispiness. In addition, you can serve them with sweet potato fries and or avocado fries. Also, these wings taste delicious with Caesar salad!
Can You Air Fry Other Frozen Food and Meat?
Yes, you absolutely can air fry other frozen food and meat. When air frying frozen food and meat, it is best to keep a close eye on them as they cook. The air fryer will cook the food faster then the oven.
When it comes to air frying frozen meat, it is best to check the meat more frequently. Once the meat has defrost in the air fryer, you can season the meat as desired before it starts to brown.
Recipe Tips To Make These Frozen Wings In The Air Fryer
- Remember, every air fryer is different as is the temperature.
- No need to thaw the chicken, as it will thaw in the air fryer. We highly recommend draining the liquid before applying the Haitian Epis.
- Be sure to check the meat constantly as it cooks to avoid burning.
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
More Chicken Recipes To Enjoy
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 3 Lbs. Frozen Chicken Wings
- ½ Cup Haitian Epis
- Remove the chicken from the package and place the frozen wings in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.Then remove the chicken from the air fryer, and drain the liquid. Then clean the chicken (we used water and vinegar, but this is optional).Add the Haitian epis to the chicken. Mix well to combine.
- Return the wings to the air fryer and continue to air fry for 25-30 minutes depending on your air fryer, and rotate the chicken halfway though.After you have reached your desired crispiness, remove the chicken from the air fryer and serve warm and enjoy.