This baked mac and cheese with broccoli is what’s on the menu this week for dinner. This mac and cheese wonder is prepared with a homemade cheese sauce, broccoli, and completed with a bread crumb topping for some crunch. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some greens and the kiddos will not mind at all!
Savory Thoughts: Successful people have fear. Successful people have doubts. Successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. – T. Harv Ecker
Yup, I’m back with another mac and cheese recipe for you. This one is actually an extension of my stovetop mac and cheese. This pasta bake recipe is so easy to make and includes all the kids’ favorite; cheese, broccoli, and more cheese 🙂
It’s so easy, comforting, and always does the trick when I’m pressed for time.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST BAKED MAC AND CHEESE WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE?
How to make mac and cheese with broccoli– Step by step
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Be sure to cook the pasta roughly 3 minutes under the suggested time on the box.
Drain and set aside.
Prepare the sauce, also known as a roux.
Then add the cooked pasta and broccoli. Add more cheese if needed. Then transfer to a baking dish. Set aside.
Prepare the topping by combining the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and paprika in a small bowl. Then add the melted butter and olive oil. Mix well to crumble, and topped over the macaroni. Bake for 18 minutes and enjoy. EASY AS THAT!
I would love to know if you made this Baked Mac And Cheese with Broccoli recipe? If you did, then you’ll love my Caribbean Rice and Chicken; the ultimate one
SAVE THIS BAKED PASTA RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, LET’S CONNECT ON PINTEREST!
Baked Mac And Cheese with Broccoli
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup creamer
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the pasta in accordance with the directions on the box, minus less than 3 minutes of the recommended time. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot or large saucepan, melt 3 tbsp butter and mix in the flour. Start whisking the minute the flour is adding to avoid lumps. While whisking, slowly add the milk and creamer. Continue to whisk a few times and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once you see the milk is starting to boil, add the mustard, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. Continue whisking to well combine. The sauce should thicken.
- Add the macaroni, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Then add the broccoli and mozzarella cheese. Mix well and transfer to a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the topping by combining the bread parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and paprika in a small bowl. Then add the melted butter and olive oil. Mix well to crumble, and topped over the macaroni.
- Bake for 18 minutes on 400 degrees. Let cool and serve. Enjoy!