Baked Lamb Chops permeated with garlic herb flavors! Marinated with mint to bring out the flavor of the lamb, then placed in the refrigerator for a little over 24 hours to ensure each bite is as rewarding as the first.
Follow our easy step-by-step guide to make this baked lamb chop recipe at home anytime.
This easy lamb chop recipe is the easiest red meat recipe you’ll ever make. Super tender, moist, and juicy, and comes together well when it comes to entertaining, celebrating the holiday, or even for a date night at home
Why Does This Recipe Work?
- It’s a low-fat baked lamb chops recipe that’s really tasty and incredibly easy to make.
- These lamb chops are pan seared first, then they are baked to perfection in accordance with your consistency level.
- Using small chops assures the lamb is moist and juicy.
- Perfect for any occasion and any time of the year.
What Are Lamb Chops?
Lamb chops also known as cutlets, are the best part and the most expensive cuts of lamb. They are so delightful when prepared well.
The cut is taken from the ribs or the rack, making it easy to be separated and served individually when cooked in the oven, grilled, slow cooked, or in the air fryer.
If I were to have a favorite meat choice, lamb would have to it. It is succulent, easy to make, high in protein, and very delicious. It pairs well with salads or rice dishes. Not to mention, great on the grill.
Video Guide To Make This Lamb Chop Recipe
For the marinade, I use garlic, fresh parsley, fresh rosemary sprigs, salt, and pepper, EVOO, chopped onions, cayenne pepper (optional), allspice (optional), and mint leaves.
Alter the recipe in any way that flatters you and your family. The key is to make it your own – the choice to add cayenne pepper is optional. Feel free to add a little, a lot, or none. The choice is yours!
The full ingredients and instructions are listed below. But here you’ll find all of the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lamb loin chops
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Mint Leaves
- Garlic (not photographed)
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprig
How To Cook Lamb Chops in the Oven?
Add all the ingredients with the exception of the butter in a food processor.
Pulse to smooth but somewhat lumpy consistency.
Coat the meat well, cover with plastic wrap, sprinkle allspice, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight but best at 48 hours or more.
When ready to cook, pan sear the lamb chops for 3 minutes per side.
Then pour the remaining marinade mixture over the lamb chops in the skillet. Coat well with a spoon. Bake for 16 minutes at 400 degrees.
What Do Lamb Chops Taste Like?
Lamb meat is a very tender when cooked correctly. If you love steak, then you’ll love lamb. It has a robust flavor, but most people would describe it as “gamey”.
How Do You Know When Lamb Chops Are Cooked?
I recommend using a digital instant-read meat thermometer to determine when your chops are cooked to your desired doneness.
The chops are rare at 120°F
Medium rare between 125°F and 130°F
For well done lamb, the temperature will reach 145°F and higher.
Can Lamb Chops Be Pink In The Middle?
Yes, lamb chops can be pink in the middle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Yes, lamb chops are filled with protein and healthy fats. Lambs are also most often grass-fed.
Most major super markets will carry lamb chops. However, if you are unable to find one at the local super market, try contacting a local butcher shop.
Yes, absolutely! You can freeze cooked lamb chops for about 3 months in a freezer friendly air tight container. You can also store raw lamb chops in the deep freezer for 2-3 months.
- Make sure that the lamb pieces are cut uniform size. When the rack is cut in even size, this
assurethat the meat is cooked evenly.
- Season Liberally. Adjust the measurement in accordance
- Don’t Crowd the Pan. Overcrowding the pan may cause the meat to not cook evenly.
- Bake To Perfection. Bake the meat in accordance
toyour level of consistency. Cook the lamb until reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit
Haitian Food That Goes With This Lamb Chop Recipe
This easy recipe pairs well with any dishes from around the world. But more if you want to serve it with some of your favorite Haitian food recipes, we have a few suggestions below:
Easy Baked Lamb Chops
- 8 Lamb Chops
- 1/4 cup Flat Italian Parsley Fresh
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 4 Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp Chopped Onions
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional
- All spice Optional
- 2 tbsp Butter unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil all the ingredients in small food processor, with the exception of the butter. Pulse a few times.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, coat well. Sprinkle with allspice for additional flavor (optional). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the skillet and 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Pan sear the lamb for 3 minutes per side. Pour the remaining mixture over the meat in the skillet and bake the lamb on 400 degrees for 16 minutes for well done. Serve warm and enjoy!