This easy baked lamb chops recipe is the easiest red meat recipe you’ll ever make. Super tender, moist, and juicy, and comes together well when it comes to entertaining, celebrating the holiday, or even for a date night at home.
Follow our easy step-by-step guide to make this baked lamb loin recipe at home anytime.
Baked Lamb Loin Chops permeated with garlic herb flavors!
Marinated with mint to bring out the flavor of the lamb, then placed in the refrigerator for a little over 24 hours to ensure each bite is as rewarding as the first.
How is lamb chops supposed to be cooked?
Truly there is no right or wrong way to cook the meat. It all depends on the flavor you are going for, and the method you’d like to use.
Lamb can be cooked in various ways and temperature. However, this recipe will leave you with a juicy meat, while keeping some of the components listed below in mind.
- It’s a low-fat baked lamb chops dish that’s really tasty and incredibly easy to make.
- These chops are pan seared first, then they are baked to perfection in accordance with your consistency level.
- Using small chops assures the lamb is moist and juicy.
- Perfect for any occasion and any time of the year.
What Are Lamb Chops?
Lamb chops also known as cutlets, are the best part and the most expensive cuts of lamb. They are so delightful when prepared well.
The cut is taken from the ribs or the rack, making it easy to be separated and served individually when cooked in the oven, grilled, slow cooked, or in the air fryer.
If I were to have a favorite meat choice, lamb would have to it. It is succulent, easy to make, high in protein, and very delicious.
It pairs well with salads or rice dishes. Not to mention, great on the grill.
What temp should I cook lamb chops?
Lamb chops do not take long to cook. The initial process is the most crucial when it comes to cooking lamb loins.
Once the meat first hit the hot skillet or pan, it starts to cook. It is best to cook in batches to avoid under cooking your meat. It is best to not crowd the pan.
Below is a chart to help you bake your lamp chops to your preference after searing.
|Preferred Doneness||Pull Temperature||Final Internal Temperature*|
|145˚F allow meat to rest for 3 minutes|
What is the cooking time for lamb?
After the meat is seared, they will bake for a short time at 400 degrees F:
- 2-8 minutes for medium-rare to medium and depending on thickness, OR
- 8-16 minutes for medium-well to well done, again depending on the thickness of the meat
We highly recommend you use a thermometer to check if the meat is fully cooked instead of going simply with the suggested time.
Each oven is different. It is best to use your judgement.
Helpful Cooking Time
|Doneness||Searing Time||Oven Time||Target Temperature (Use A Thermometer)|
|Rare||2 minutes per side||0-2 minutes||120 degrees F|
|Medium Rare||2 minutes per side||2-4 minutes||130 degrees F|
|Medium||2 to 4 minutes per side||3-5 minutes||140 degrees F|
|Medium Well||4 to 6 minutes per side||5-8 minutes||150 degrees F|
|Well Done||4 to 6 minutes per side||8-16 minutes||160 degrees F|
How long to bake lamb chops at 375?
If you want to cook your chops at 375 degrees, be sure to sear the meat on both sides as recommended above.
Then cook the meat in the oven for no more than 16 minutes for well done and up to 8 minutes for medium well, and up to 4 minutes for rare.
How To Marinade Lamb Chops?
For the marinade, I use garlic, fresh parsley, fresh rosemary sprigs, salt, and pepper, EVOO, chopped onions, cayenne pepper (optional), allspice (optional), and mint leaves.
Alter the recipe in any way that flatters you and your family. The key is to make it your own – the choice to add cayenne pepper is optional.
Feel free to add a little, a lot, or none. The choice is yours!
Ingredients Used In This Recipe
The full ingredients and instructions are listed below.
But here you’ll find all of the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe.
- Lamb loin chops
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Mint Leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprig
How To Cook Lamb Chops in the Oven?
Add all the ingredients with the exception of the butter in a food processor. Be sure that the ingredients are at room temperature, it helps to bring a warm flavor to the overall dish.
Pulse to smooth but somewhat lumpy consistency.
Coat the meat well, cover with plastic wrap, sprinkle allspice, and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight but best at 48 hours or more if you are not cooking right away.
Minutes before cooking, remove the marinated meat and allow it to sit on the counter as you prepare to cook.
When ready to cook, pan sear the meat for 3 minutes per side over medium high heat.
Then pour the remaining marinade mixture over the lamb rib chops in the skillet. Coat well with a spoon. Bake for 16 minutes at 400 degrees.
What Do Lamb Chops Taste Like?
Lamb meat is a very tender when cooked correctly. If you love steak, then you’ll love lamb. It has a robust flavor, but most people would describe it as “gamey”.
How Do You Know When Lamb Chops Are Cooked?
I recommend using a digital instant-read meat thermometer to determine when your chops are cooked to your desired doneness.
The chops are rare at 120°F
Medium rare between 125°F and 130°F
For well done lamb, the temperature will reach 145°F and higher.
Can Lamb Chops Be Pink In The Middle?
Yes, the lamb meat can be pink in the middle.
Buying Lamb Chops – Where To Buy?
If you are unable to find lamb chops at these locations, we recommend going to a local butcher as they usually have lamb chops in stock.
Suggested Serving Size
Depending on the quantity that’s included in the package, normally 2 lamb chops are sufficient for 1 person. Be mindful that the thinner the meat is, the higher the serving will increase.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Yes, lamb chops are filled with protein and healthy fats. Lambs are also most often grass-fed.
Most major super markets will carry lamb meat. However, if you are unable to find one at the local super market, try contacting a local butcher shop.
Yes, absolutely! You can freeze cooked chops for about 3 months in a freezer friendly air tight container. You can also store raw lamb chops in the deep freezer for 2-3 months.
Yes, the meat can be pink in the middle as long as you follow the temperature guidelines.
More Lamb Recipes To Try
If you loved this baked lamb chops recipe, we recommend trying the Roasted Leg Of Lamb recipe next.
- Make sure that the lamb pieces are cut uniform size. When the rack is cut in even size, this
assurethat the meat is cooked evenly.
- Season Liberally. Adjust the measurement in accordance
- Don’t Crowd the Pan. Overcrowding the pan may cause the meat to not cook evenly.
- Bake To Perfection. Bake the meat in accordance
toyour level of consistency. Cook the lamb until reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit
Haitian Food That Goes With This Recipe
This easy recipe pairs well with any dishes from around the world.
But more if you want to serve it with some of your favorite Haitian food recipes, we have a few suggestions below:
Easy Baked Lamb Chops
- 1 Oven
- 8 Lamb Chops
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt; or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper; or to taste
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil; Divided
- 4 Mint Leaves
- 1 Chopped Onions; or ½ red onion
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper; Optional
- 1 ¼ teaspoon All spice
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoon Butter; unsalted
- ¼ cup Water
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil all the ingredients in small food processor, with the exception of the butter. Pulse a few times.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, coat well. Sprinkle with allspice for additional flavor (optional). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- In an ovenproof skillet or cast iron skillet, heat the skillet and 2 Tbsp. olive oil and butter. Pan sear the lamb for 3 minutes per side. Pour the remaining seasoning mixture over the meat in the skillet, deglaze with water and add in the fresh lemon juice. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake the lamb on 400 degrees for 16 minutes for well done. Serve warm and enjoy!