This Israeli Salad Recipe is made with chopped vegetables, avocado oil, fresh herbs, and lemon. It is so refreshing, colorful, and pairs well with chicken or fish!
Savory Thoughts: Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life. ― Tony Robbins
This low carb eeeeeeasy Middle Eastern Salad side dish that pairs well with almost any protein. It’s refreshing and delicious, and yet very crunchy with lots of flavors. And not to mention, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
This salad is SPLENDID! It is healthy and simple. It plays well alongside any meal. It is also a refreshing way to start dinner for that perfect date night.
About Israeli Salad
Israeli salad is consist of chopped English cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Sometimes mint is also added to this salad. This salad is very famous dish that’s served as a side dish in Israel.
How To Make Israeli Salad?
This very delicious salad starts with gathering the ingredients.
Chop the vegetables: This includes the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper. See Picture 1.
Chop the herb: I like curly parsley. Finely chop the parsley to incorporate to the salad. See Picture 2.
Cut the lemon: Best to cut the lemon (or lime) in wedges as it makes it easier to squeeze the juice out.
Set aside the rest: Set aside the avocado oil, salt and pepper.
Once the ingredients are prepared, place the ingredients into a bowl suitable for tossing. Start by adding the vegetables, then the herb, lemon juice, avocado oil, then salt and pepper. See Picture 3.
Toss everything together and be ready to enjoy this delicious Middle Eastern Salad. See Picture 4.
If You Enjoyed This Israeli Salad, Then You’ll Enjoy These Middle Eastern Dishes:
SAVE THIS ISRAELI SALAD TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, LET’S CONNECT ON PINTEREST!
Israeli Salad Recipe
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/3 cup Curly parsley
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Red onions diced
- 1 Large tomato
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Avocado oil or olive oil
- Set aside the avocado oil, salt, and pepper before preparing the vegetables to make it easier when it is time to incorporate it into the chopped veggies.
- Chop the vegetables: This includes the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper. Chop the herb: Finely chop the parsley to incorporate to the salad. Cut the lemon: Best to cut the lemon (or lime) in wedges as it makes it easier to squeeze the juice out.
- Once the ingredients are prepared, place the ingredients into a bowl suitable for tossing. Start by adding the vegetables, then the herb, lemon juice, avocado oil, then salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together until well combined.
- Serve as a side with your side of protein. Enjoy!
- I used avocado oil instead of olive oil as a personal preference. However, olive oil is traditionally used to make this salad.
- You can use any tomato you would like; however, roma tomatoes are the best to use when making this salad.
- I used an English cucumber to make this salad. However, any cucumber can be used to prepare this Israeli salad. Be mindful that some cucumbers such as the waxed cucumber contain seeds; best to remove the seeds.
- I highly recommend using fresh herbs to make this salad. Using fresh herbs enhances the flavor of the salad. It also provides a sense of freshness.
- This salad can be made ahead. However, be mindful that cucumbers do release a lot of water. It’s best to prepare this salad and serve it right away for best result.
- Dill and basil can be used to make this salad as well as they are often use in Middle Eastern recipes.