These crispy Shoestring Fries are
Savory Thoughts: Be so good they can’t ignore you. – Steve Martin
Why does this shoestring fries recipe work?
This crispy French fries recipe works because…..It’s darn good! I mean, I shared this recipe with my sister in law, and her exact words were “I am hooked”! Not to mention she’s now a proud owner of an air fryer as well. So, this was the perfect opportunity for her to try something new with her new kitchen toy 🙂 IF by chance you need more reasons to see why this recipe works, well, check out the ones listed below:
- The kids will no longer ask for matchstick fries from the McDonald’s. These are MUCH BETTER!
- This is a quick and easy seasoned fries recipe you can make in the comfort of your own home.
- These picnic shoestring potatoes are perfect to dip into your favorite sauce or ketchup!
- Kid-friendly recipe.
- Last, this recipe works well with any air fryer as the temperature is pretty much the same.
How to make Seasoned fries?
These Air fryer fries are the simplest things you can make in the air fryer. I used the frozen shoestring potatoes. No need to let them thaw. However, if you find that using fresh potatoes fits your need, then by all means, please do so.
You can make them as crispy as you would like in the air fryer. No need to worry about using lots of oil, as this recipe only requires only 2
To make these homemade French fries in the air fryer, simply season the fries with salt and pepper, vegetable oil, and paprika. Then, toss to combine.
If you’re like me and have little kiddos, no need to worry about feeding them something that has been submerged in oil. You will find that the kids love the air fryer fries just as much as adults do. The best thing about this recipe is that they have no clue on how it’s made, except for it taste great!
Once you have seasoned the fries, add them to the air fryer. Cook to your level of crispiness or perfection. I fried them for 18 minutes on 400 degrees. And it’s simple as that!
Serve the fries warm with your favorite mushroom burger (or burger of your choice), dip or ketchup!
SAVE THIS SHOESTRING FRIES TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, LET’S CONNECT ON PINTEREST!
Air Fryer Shoestring Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb. shoestring French fries
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes. Then add the salt, pepper, and paprika, along with the vegetable oil.
- Toss to combine. Transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook on 400 degrees for 18 minutes; tossing and turning the fries a couple times in between cooking to make sure the fries are cooked evenly. Do not cook no more than 20 minutes to avoid over-cooking. Serve warm with your favorite burger and dip or ketchup!
Air Frying tips:
- If you have not used the air fryer, it is best to pre-heat the air fryer for maximum result.
- You can add a little heat to the fries seasoning by adding ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- You can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil to fry the potatoes.