Known for the classic Mexican flavors, this air fryer chicken fajita skewers are just perfect for a quick night meal if you want something flavorful yet easy to cook.
The juicy chicken seasoned with bold spices, this recipe is a perfect choice for people who is looking for something to complete a meal.
Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Skewers
This quick dish will have you dancing in your kitchen. It is super delicious and incredibly easy to make. The skewers are prepared with a homemade fajita seasoning.
Grilled to perfection in the air fryer. This dish is perfect for a gluten-free diet, ketogenic if you substitute the vegetable oil with coconut oil, and Whole-30 diet compliant.
As the name suggests, the air fryer chicken fajita is made in form of skewers (yup, the kebabs!) and is the ultimate summer staple since it’s laced with bell peppers and red onions.
They serve perfectly well along side this instant pot baked beans.
The chicken is made in the air fryer to make sure it’s juicy yet healthy whole the crunchy veggies add a unique texture and flavor combination to the dish.
It is loaded with the goodness of proteins and is served in the form of bite-sized chicken, making it more fun to eat.
The chicken is cut into smaller pieces, so the marinade can saturate the pieces, leading to a delicious flavor that you can enjoy anytime you crave some restaurant-like kebabs.
If you are looking for a way to spice things up without all the fuss, or if you’re looking for a new way to use your air fryer, then these Fajita Chicken Kabobs are it.
This will create the ultimate Mexican Fusion like our Haitian Tacos.
Theysimple enough for backyard barbecue gatherings. They can be prepared ahead of time and be ready for lunch or brunch, or any other special gathering.
To begin with, you’ll need just a few ingredients to make this dish. The full recipe with the exact measurement is of course listed below in the recipe card.
For now here are some of the few ingredients you’ll need to make this dish perfectly.
- Limes or lemon juice: Will bring some acidity to the dish.
- Chili powder, Paprika & Cumin: Will bring out the delicious Mexican Flavor.
- Bell Peppers & Red onions – red and orange (Optional): Helps to balance out the bold spice and provide some sweetness to the dish.
- Vegetable oil or olive oil (I used vegetable oil): Very little is used for basting.
- Chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces: Best to use or you can use boneless chicken thighs as they are easy to cook as skewers.
- Garlic powder Oregano and Parsley flakes: Adds an earthy flavor.
- Salt and pepper: To season the meat.
This meal fall on the “healthy-ish” side. Very little oil is used.
The meal uses pantry staple ingredients, it is loaded with loaded with proteins, which makes sure there are no compromises on your nutrient intake.
On the other hand, there are red onions and bell peppers in the mix that enhance the brightness of the flavor and add a variety of minerals and vitamins to make it a healthy dish without compromising on the delectability of the flavors.
On top of everything, it’s easy to cook and the meal will be ready in a few minutes (even less than half an hour!).
To make this dish, beging by cutting the meat and veggies into bite size pieces, followed by washing and pat dry the meat and veggies.
Place the ingredients in separate bowls. Add the seasoning and oil to the meat.
Mix well and allow the chicken to sit for 30 minutes to marinate or overnight.
Thread the chicken with the skewers and place the threaded chicken skewers in the air fryer basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes on 360 degrees. Drizzle with olive oil halfway thru or as needed.
How To Store Your Air Fryer Chicken Fajita?
Once you have made the chicken fajita kebabs, you can store them in the fridge for over seven days if you use an airtight container.
However, you need to store the veggies and chicken separately because they can get soggy and ruin the chicken along with them.
As far as the veggies are concerned, it’s best that you don’t store them because they don’t remain fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fajitas are great with cowboy caviars, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, spinach leaves, jalapeños, and of course guacamole.
You can cut the chicken before or after cooking for fajitas. There is no set rule on how to prepare the meat.
White onions are most used for fajitas. However, red onions will also work as it will provide a hint of sweetness and color to your dish.
Cheddar cheese is typically best for fajitas. You can also use Colby jack cheese as well.
What To Pair With Chicken Fajita Kabobs?
While bell peppers and red onion lacing taste exceptional, you can also serve these skewers with Mexican or Mediterranean rice.
In fact, the cilantro lime rice will perfectly complement the flavors of chicken fajita.
More Air Fryer Foods You’ll Love
If you loved this air fryer chicken fajita recipe, we recommend you try one of these recipes next.
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Fajita Skewers
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 large Red onion
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Wash, pat dry, and cut the chicken into small size – bite size pieces set aside in a bowl.Add all of the dry ingredients and the vegetable oil to the chicken.Mix well and allow to sit for 30 minutes to marinate or overnight.While the chicken marinates, cut the vegetables and set aside.
- Using air fryer skewers or skewer sticks of your choice, thread chicken first, then followed by the vegetables. Alternate between the chicken and vegetables. Or, use a pattern of your choice. Place the threaded chicken skewers in the air fryer basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes on 360 degrees. Serve warm with cilantro and lime or lemon wedges.