Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn On The Cob (Elotes) – Everyone’s favorite corn on the cob is further simplified with this easy air fryer recipe. It takes only 10 minutes. It is gluten-free!
Alongside Haitian food, Mexican food will have to be my next favorite food to eat. I remember when my husband surprised me with a trip to Mexico a couple of years ago. We stayed at Live Aqua Resort. The following days we traveled Riviera Maya and Tulum to learn a little more about Mexico and the culture. The food was pure, delicious, bold, vibrant, and authentic – of course.
But in this delicious Tex-Mex side dish, you’ll have a taste of Mexican flavor right in your home. It also plays well with other Tex-Mex side dishes like my cowboy caviar.
Why does this Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn Recipe (Elotes) work?
If you have never had Mexican street corn, you are missing out. It is usually served on the cob, and often on a stick.
Who doesn’t love a good corn on the cob? Especially one that’s slathered in pure goodness; sour cream – or mayonnaise (I do not eat mayo so sour cream is the
You can enjoy Mexican Elotes all year around with the air fryer. No need to wait for the warm days to bring out the grill 🙂
The corn is air fried to perfection.
Great for entertaining and backyard parties.
Great for gatherings and beach parties.
It has the right amount of spice and the right amount of messiness to make you go after another one, without hesitation. Truly everyone’s favorite corn on the cob.
Perfect for Cinco De Mayo!
How To Make Mexican Street Corn?
Gather the ingredients (Picture 1). Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Melt the butter. Using a pastry brush, coat the corn on all sides. Reserve the remaining butter to prepare the sauce.
Place the corn into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes (Picture 2). Flip or turn to cook the corn evenly (Picture 3).
Chop the cilantro and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the salt and pepper, melted butter, chili powder, and sour cream (Picture 4).
Remove the corn from the air fryer and apply the sauce (Picture 5). Then apply the cotija cheese (Picture 6). Finish it off by sprinkling the cilantro and a little of lemon juice for extra zest. Finally, ENJOY! Easy as pie 🙂
SAVE THIS AIR FRYER CORN RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, LET’S CONNECT ON PINTEREST!
Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn On The Cob (Elotes)
- 4 corn on the cob
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup cotija Cheese
- lemon optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Chop the cilantro and set aside. Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Using a pastry brush, coat the corn on all sides. Reserve the remaining butter to prepare the sauce.
- Place the corn into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Flip or turn the corn to cook the corn evenly while cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salt and pepper, melted butter, chili powder, and sour cream.
- Remove the corn from the air fryer and apply the sauce. Pour the cotija cheese in a large plate, apply the cotija cheese to the corn by either rolling the corn in the cheese or sprinkling the cheese over the corn. Finish it off by adding the cilantro and squeezing a little lemon juice for extra zest. Finally, ENJOY!