Let these air fryer s’mores help you bring your favorite childhood campfire treat indoor! There’s no need to make your favorite campfire treat in the microwave anymore, because the air fryer is the perfect small appliance to cook a s’more.
If you want a tasty s’more without the hassle of a fire, we’ve got the how-to for you. It’s easy, delicious, and did we mention you don’t have to build a fire? Check out our tips for the perfect air fryer s’mores.
The ingredients used in this how-to is so simple. Your food is only as good as your ingredients. S’mores ingredients are very basic, so it’s the ratios that make all the difference.
Graham crackers tend to be dry. And while they’re a necessary base, too much can ruin the s’more. Use two of the same size for a top and bottom and choose the size according to the size of your marshmallow. The bigger the mallow, the bigger the cracker. That’s it!
Marshmallows are the star of the s’more show, especially if preparing them indoor. They’ve got to be the biggest ingredient, and they’ve got to be the right texture.
A stale marshmallow will ruin your air fryer s’more, so make sure you use a fresh bag, and don’t open it until you’re ready to assemble.
Chocolate is where you have the most liberty, and we’ll get into that in a moment, but if you’re using a basic milk chocolate bar, make sure the squares are the same size as the graham crackers.
Use a single serving, or double if you like a chocolatey s’more, just as long as their dimensions match that of the graham cracker.
As we mentioned above, it’s very easy to put these campfire treats together. These indoor s’mores come together with these basic ingredients:
- Graham Crackers – We chose the cinnamon flavored graham crackers. But the plain ones will also work.
- Chocolate – You can choose milk or dark chocolate bars as they are great options for s’mores. Choose any good quality brand. The idea is that you want your chocolate to easily melt.
- Marshmallows – The bigger the better! We highly recommend using large or jumbo marshmallows for these air fryer s’mores. With the large marshmallows, you’ll get the best campfire experience (indoor).
Cut the marshmallows in half. Place the marshmallow halves, sticky side down onto half a graham cracker. Use your fingers to gently press down so that the marshmallows stick to the crackers. This will allow the marshmallows to stay in place while they “roast” in the air fryer on the cracker(s).
Air fryer for 2-4 minutes; depending on your air fryer at 370 degrees but no more than 400 degrees (again, depending on your air fryer). Increase the temperature and cooking time as necessary for your desired doneness. For us, we cooked ours at 370 degrees for 2 minutes.
Repeat the steps as many times as necessary with the remaining crackers, chocolate and marshmallows.
When the marshmallows are done, use a spatula to remove the air fryer s’mores quickly and carefully from the basket or cookie sheet.
Place the chocolate on top of the marshmallows while they are still piping hot and top with the other half of the cracker while pressing down.
The chocolate should start melting within 30 seconds. Enjoy when cool enough to eat.
Air Fryer Tips
When it comes to learning how to make s’mores in the air fryer may have a small challenge, and it is also where the recipe differs most from that of a traditional campfire s’more.
As you know, when using an open flame, you roast the marshmallow over top. When using the air fryer, you’ll top the marshmallow on the graham cracker, and put both inside.
Keep your eye on the marshmallow, because it will only take a couple minutes to cook, especially if you like a rawer mallow. If you prefer it charred, it’ll take a bit longer.
Once your marshmallow is perfect, take it out of the air fryer and top it with chocolate for the perfect s’more. Don’t put the chocolate in the air fryer, as it will melt.
Be mindful each air fryer is different. We have the GE Wall (not affiliate) oven which comes with a built-in air fryer. The ability to have a larger air fryer comes in handy because we can prepare multiple dishes at once.
We also have prepared air fryer s’mores in our countertop air fryers as well. Though each air fryer is different in temperature, I find that low heat and about 2 minutes is enough time to roast the marshmallows.
If the chocolate does not melt quickly, place the “sandwiched” marshmallow back in the air fryer for about 30 seconds, but keep a close eye on it as the chocolate will melt quickly.
Here’s where you can get creative. If you find milk chocolate a little boring, try using another candy.
Some of our favorite substitutes are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Rolos, caramels, or dark chocolate (our fave!).
A simple twist will elevate your s’more, but you can’t go wrong with the classic combination, either. Air fryer s’mores are hard to beat.
When using an air fryer, you’re making s’mores in about the easiest way possible. Since you’ve just made the quintessential snack, go all out in other areas, and turn your kitchen into a nighttime campsite to totally mimic the atmosphere of camping.
Dim the lights (not totally, you are using small appliances, remember), use flashlights for extra illumination, and light a candle – bonus points if you choose a woodsy scent.
Serve your s’mores on paper plates and tell a fun story or two. Drink a glass of soda from a plastic cup, and you won’t even know you’re inside. Let your imagination go wild!
More Air Fryer Treats To Enjoy
If you loved learning how to make air fryer s’mores, try one of these air fryer treats next.
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site.
How To Make Perfect Air Fryer S’mores
- Air Fryer
- 1 PK Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Bars
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- To begin, cut the graham crackers in half. Align the crackers in a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or in the air fryer basket. Next, cut the marshmallows in half. Place the marshmallow halves, sticky side down onto half a graham cracker. Use your fingers to gently press down so that the marshmallows stick to the crackers. This will allow the marshmallows to stay in place while they “roast” in the air fryer on the cracker(s).
- Air fryer for 2-4 minutes; depending on your air fryer at 370 degrees but no more than 400 degrees (again, depending on your air fryer). Increase the temperature and cooking time as necessary for your desired doneness. For us, we cooked marshmallows at 370 degrees for about 2 ½ minutes. Remove the Marshmallows. When the marshmallows are done, use a spatula to remove the air fryer s’mores quickly and carefully from the basket or cookie sheet. Place a chocolate bar on top of each marshmallow while they are still piping hot and top with the other half of the cracker while pressing down. Repeat the steps as many times as necessary with the remaining crackers, chocolate and marshmallows. The chocolate should start melting within 30 seconds. Enjoy when cool enough to eat.