These delectable sweet and savory Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings will convert you from the very first bite! Seasoned with paprika for a light smokey flavor, then tossed in a sweet spicy buffalo sauce, you won’t be able to stop yourself from coming back from more!
Game day just got easier, and these air fried cauliflower wings are totally worth the time and effort. You will not miss having chicken with these little cauliflower bites.
Super Easy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!
These wings will serve as the perfect appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday! These Buffalo Cauliflower Wings comes together in under 45 minutes and has the right amount of kick to get the party started.
Breaded in flour and corn starch to provide the initial crispy texture, then tossed in a sweet and spicy Buffalo sauce (we used Best Yet buffalo sauce from Martin’s Grocery Store, but any sauce will work), and served with a creamy, homemade Caesar Salad dressing.
These buffalo cauliflower wings are the go-to appetizer dish you’ll be making all season long. Taste so much better than the deep-fried version.
The full recipe with the exact measurement is listed in the recipe card below.
- Cauliflower – Florets cut out.
- For a crispy texture – All-purpose flour and corn starch.
- 5 spice powder – This is a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- To season – Salt and pepper.
- Sauce – Homemade buffalo sauce or store-bought, and Caesar salad dressing for dipping; but completely optional.
- Celery Sticks (Optional): Buffalo wings are typically served with celery sticks as a way to cool down from the heat. If you’re not a fan of celery sticks, feel free to use carrots.
How To Make Air Fried Cauliflower Wings Bites
Follow our steps below to make these cauliflower bites.
- Prepare the cauliflower: Start by removing the stems from the cauliflower. Then cut the cauliflower into florets. Wash, drain, and set aside.
- Prepare the ingredients: Mix the flour, corn starch, and dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer if the option is provided. Coat the cauliflower wings with the milk.
- Then transfer the wings to the flour mixture. Add the wings to the air fryer basket and spray with olive oil. Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Once the 15 minutes are up, spray with the olive oil, toss and turn the wings, and air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Apply the buffalo sauce or desired sauce. Mix well to combined and serve with your favorite dressing and enjoy.
Vegan Option: How To Make Vegan Cauliflower Wings
If you’d like to make these cauliflower wings vegan, here’s what you need to do.
- Instead of using whole milk, use almond milk or coconut milk, or any plant-based milk. Be mindful that the flavor of which ever milk you decide to use may alter the taste slightly.
- Spray the wings with olive oil spray or coconut spray. Air fry for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Gluten Free Option:
It’s incredibly easy to make these wings gluten free. Simply swap out the all-purpose flour with gluten free flour. Mix the flour with the remaining ingredients, then air fry as suggested above.
Make Them In The Oven
If you do not have an air fryer, that’s perfectly fine. You can make these wings in the oven.
To do so, here’s what you’ll need to do:
Simply follow the steps provided above. Then, bake the wings in the air fryer at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
Do I Need To Use Panko?
Nope, not at all! The flour and the corn starch will provide a crispy outer layer when air fried.
Of course, wings are usually served as an appetizer alongside other finger foods like these air fryer sweet potato fries. Here are some of our favorite dishes to pair these wings with:
Air Frying Tips
Best to cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces. When cutting out the florets it is best to cut them into bite size pieces so that they are cooked evenly.
No need to double coat: Once you dipped the cauliflower wings in milk and coat them with the flour mixture, the wings will start to crisp up as they cook.
Coat Well: Be sure to coat the florets well as this will provide the best texture for the wings.
Cook In Small Portions: Depending on the size of your air fryer, it’s best to cook in batches. Cooking in batches will ensure that you do not overcrowd the basket and allow the wings to cook evenly.
Other Flavor Suggestions
If you’re not a fan of buffalo sauce, that’s perfectly fine. We get it. Here are some other flavors you can try:
Jerk Sauce – This can be mild or hot. Or feel free to use our Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning here.
Ranch Dressing – Use either homemade or store-bought.
Sriracha Sauce – This is a great alternative to buffalo sauce.
Jalapeño Sauce. Instead of using hot sauce, this sauce will provide a great alternative.
Maple-chipotle Sauce – The sweet flavor from the maple will add a great balance to the savory taste in these wings.
BBQ Sauce – We have a delicious homemade BBQ sauce here that will work well with these wings.
Orange-glazed – If you’re a fan of citrus flavors, try creating your own sauce with orange juice or lime.
How To Store Leftovers & Reheat
Transfer leftover cauliflower wings to an airtight container. They will last in the fridge for 4 days in the refrigerator.
You can reheat them in the microwave or pop them back in the air fryer for about 8-10 minutes or until they are heated through at 340 degrees.
We would also appreciate a star rating below.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- 1 Head Cauliflower Florets cut out
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Cup Milk
- Olive Oil Spray
- Buffalo Sauce Optional
- Prepare the cauliflower: Start by removing the stems from the cauliflower. Then cut the cauliflower into florets. Wash, drain, and set aside. Prepare the ingredients: Mix the flour, corn starch, and dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside. Air Fry: Preheat the air fryer if the option is provided. Coat the cauliflower wings with the milk.
- Then transfer the wings to the flour mixture. Add the wings to the air fryer basket and spray with olive oil. Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Once the 15 minutes are up, spray with the olive oil, toss and turn the wings, and air fry for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Apply the buffalo sauce or desired sauce. Mix well to combined and serve with your favorite dressing and enjoy.