Sweet, tender, flavorful, Honey Garlic Salmon made to perfection for an easy healthy weeknight dinner.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, healthy dinner, salmon is always the way to go. I prefer to use fresh salmon as often as I can, and Aldi makes it easy to purchase as they are the most affordable.
So, here’s the real deal for me when it comes to salmon. I LOVE the versatility of this fish. Whether you choose to bake, grill, or stuff them, or turn them into patties, you’ll always end up with a delicious meal. And this honey garlic salmon is no exception!
Reasons why this honey garlic salmon recipe work:
There are many reasons why this recipe work. For now, below are my main reasons.
- Cooks in less than 30 minutes
- It is sweet and tangy
- Works well with any side dish
- Great for healthy easy weeknight meals
What herbs are good for salmon?
Can’t think of ways to season your salmon? No problem! I’ve got you covered. I personally love to use fresh parsley, dill, oregano, savory, rosemary, basil, and mint as all of these herbs have strong earthy taste and goes well with salmon or any kind of seafood.
What ingredients are needed to the make this recipe?
We will start with our main ingredient, the salmon! You will need 4 salmon fillets. We will then follow it with the following ingredients listed below.
1/3 cup honey, Olive oil cooking spray, ¼ Tsp. cornstarch, 1 lemon, cut in half, 2 cloves garlic, minced, ¼ tsp. Salt, ¼ tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tsp. fresh basil, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium, and ¼ cup white wine vinegar.
How to make honey garlic salmon – Step by Step
For this recipe, we will follow a simple method.
Pat dry the salmon. Place the salmon in a large plate or bowl suitable for liquid.
Season it. Marinade it. Add it to the hot griddle. Cook on both sides, skin side up first until golden brown. Remove from heat and serve warm with rice and vegetables or salad.
Insanely delicious honey garlic salmon recipe that’s perfect for any night. Marinade and seared to perfection in a griddle pan then topped with sweet and savory honey garlic lemon glaze.
Can I put salmon directly on the grill?
Although the salmon for this recipe was cooked inside, you can certainly make the honey garlic salmon outdoors as well. Here’s how:
- Heat the grill and lightly spray with cooking oil
- Pat dry the salmon
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the salmon skin up on the grill and cook for about 4-6 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from grill and place on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, add the honey, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley, basil, mustard, soy sauce, cornstarch, and vinegar. Bring to a quick boil. The sauce will thicken and reduced in size. Pour over the salmon and serve warm.
Savory Thought: “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 1/3 cup honey
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce low sodium
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey, garlic, salt and pepper, parsley, basil, mustard, soy sauce, and vinegar. Whisk well. Reserve the rest of the liquid.
- Pour about ½ cup of the honey mixture over the salmon. Coat well. Marinade for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in the reserve honey mixture, add the cornstarch and mix well. Set aside.
- Do not throw away the marinade. In a large pan or griddle pan, spray the pan with olive oil cooking spray. Place the salmon skin side up in the pan to cook for 6 minutes or until cooked through. Should be golden brown.
- Turn the salmon over, pour both marinade mixtures over the salmon, then add the lemon slices. Simmer for 5 minutes. As the sauce simmer, use a spoon to continue to coat the salmon and the lemon slices. The sauce should thicken and slightly reduced in size.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with rice and vegetables or salad.