Your new best way to making crunchy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp recipe is here! Made with only five ingredients, these air fried shrimps will not disappoint. Follow my steps to see how to make them.
These shrimps are what’s needed to turn any dull evening into an exciting one.
Making these shrimps are so incredibly easy in the air fryer. Coated with Panko seasoning, this tropical seafood appetizer is served and goes well with any dipping sauce.
Why Make This Recipe Now
This recipe will give you the island vibes in your home. Seeing though we did not get a chance to travel anywhere this year as we are all staying home, it’s nice to have a sense of the islands at home.
So, I thought I’d share a recipe that I’ve enjoyed with the family, makes you feel like you are on vacation, and who doesn’t love coconut.
Crunchy golden coconut shrimp, made in the air fryer. No need to worry about hot oil. No need to worry about deep frying. No need to worry about grease splashing as this recipe is on the healthier side.
This sweet and savory shrimp appetizer will not disappointment.
How To Make shrimp in the air fryer
Don’t worry, the full recipe is in the recipe card below. But here’s a quick step by step guide to making this recipe perfectly each and every single time.
Gather the ingredients: The first thing you’ll want to do is devein, wash, and pat dry the shrimp and set aside.
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400º F.
While you wait for the air fryer to finishing heating up, in a bowl, whisk the eggs, and in a separate bowl add the coconut, then add the flour in another bowl.
Next, the eggs in a separate bowl, the panko breadcrumbs and old bay seasoning in a different bowl. See the picture for guidance.
Coat the shrimp in flower, then in the eggs, then in the panko breadcrumbs, next in the coconut. Place shrimp in the air fryer basket.
Spray with oil. And cook for 10 minutes on 400 degrees. Cook the shrimp until they’re pink.
Best to work in batches for best results.
- Every air fryer is not the same. It may take your air fryer longer or shorter than 10 minutes to cook the shrimp completely. Best to work in batches for even cooking. The size of the shrimp will also make a difference on how long it will take the shrimp to cook completely.
- My shrimps were large. It took me about 10-12 minutes to cook the shrimp completely.
- You don’t always have to heat the air fryer. However, it does help as the shrimp starts to cook the minute it touches the basket.
- If you don’t have Old Bay seasoning, consider seasoning the shrimp with salt and pepper, Cajun seasoning, or seafood seasoning.
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you love this air fryer shrimp recipe with coconut flakes, try one of these shrimps next:
By the way, do you know that it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site?
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- 1 Cup Large shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2 Large eggs beaten
- ½ Cup Shredded sweetened coconut
- ¼ Cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the air fryer.Clean, wash, and pat dry the shrimp. Set aside in a bowl.In a shallow bowl, add the flour. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs old bay seasoning. In a different beat the eggs. In a separate bowl, add the coconut flakes.
- Working with one at a time, dip shrimp in flour, then eggs, then panko seasoning, then coconut mixture.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the shrimp in the basket. Cook on 400 degrees until the shrimp is golden and cooked through, should take about 10 to 12 minutes. Work in batches as necessary.Serve and enjoy with choice of dipping sauce.