This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithSaraLee
Here’s how to make the ultimate Haitian Eggs breakfast with Turkey meat. A Thanksgiving breakfast sandwich recipe with all your leftover turkey fixings.
Looking for ways to use your Thanksgiving leftovers? Look no further! Today, we’re bringing you guys the BEST Haitian eggs recipe made with leftover Turkey. It’s easy, you’ll already have the ingredients on hand.
Meet the white made with whole-grain bread that’s healthy and delicious! When it comes to making this Haitian-style Leftover Turkey Sandwich Recipe, my choice is Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread. It is high in fiber and full of flavor with 45 calories per slice (serving size two slices, 90 calories). Walmart is my place of choice when it comes to purchasing this delicious bread. Just click the image below to add it right to your Walmart Online Grocery cart.
Follow the path at your local Walmart store to the bread section.
In addition to the bread being Keto-friendly, with 6 grams of Net Carbs per slice (serving size 2 slices, 12g Net Carbs), this sandwich is made with shredded turkey, onions, garlic, and parsley! It’s a great way to start the day post-turkey day.
This bread makes for an insanely delicious version of a turkey egg sandwich. The bread has 0g Trans Fat, No artificial color or flavors, and 8g whole grains per serving. Unlike the traditional scrambled eggs, the eggs are fried with tomatoes, onions, and pinch of garlic to resemble the true flavor of Haitian eggs.
This hearty holiday rendition is stacked high with avocado and spinach.
Use Sara Lee® Delightful™ White made with Whole Grain Bread for this unique twist on Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches and fried Haitian Eggs. Plus, the bread has no high fructose corn syrup.
Right now earn $.65 cash back on Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread.
Ingredients In Turkey Egg Sandwich
A good sandwich starts with good quality bread. Sara Lee® is a traditional bread brand with ingredients, taste, and variety that make it a perfect choice for the whole family. It holds well when toasted; does not crumble.
The brand has a variety of options to satisfy different meals and occasions like this post-Thanksgiving breakfast meal. Sara Lee® is a trusted and reliable brand.
The exact measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. In the meantime, here’s a quick guide to make this recipe perfectly each time.
- Cooking oil – We want a great amount of neutral-tasting oil for this dish.
- Tomatoes – Make sure we use fresh tomatoes to bring in a slightly sweet flavor.
- Spices – Chopped fresh parsley, chopped onions (white or yellow), chopped garlic (just a pinch), and salt and pepper to taste.
Haitian Egg Sandwich Fixings
Ready to make this egg sandwich? Here’s what you’ll need and some suggestions:
- Butter – Helps the sandwich from being dry.
- Avocado slices – Haitians love avocado, so it only makes sense to include it as we layer ou sandwich.
- Edamame spread – Although traditionally not included, the spread helps to make this egg sandwich fresh, yet hearty at the same time.
- Cucumber slices – Again, not traditionally included, but helps to bring in the perfect crunch. You may use it as a side.
- Greens – Arugula or spinach help bring in some balance to this protein sandwich.
Slather your Sara Lee® Delightful™ White made with Whole Grain Bread with either the spread or butter, and layer on the eggs, avocado, greens, and more onions (if desired). Then, enjoy!
Egg Sandwich Serving Suggestions
This Haitian egg sandwich is best right after it’s made. If you’d like to explore more with other Haitian breakfast recipes, consider trying the labouyi bannan (plantain porridge), mais moulin, and mais moulin with spinach. And find more recipe inspiration for Sara Lee® on the Mealtime Savings website.
More Delicious Haitian Dishes To Try:
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Egg Turkey Sandwich – Haitian Style
- 2 slices, Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Turkey Meat Chopped or shredded
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp. Fresh parsley Chopped
- ¼ Cup Onions Diced or chopped
- ¼ Cup Tomatoes Diced, sliced or chopped
- Spinach for layering
- Avocado for layering
- ¼ Tsp. Garlic This will provide an authentic flavor to Haitian eggs
- In a small frying pan skillet. Add the oil. While the oil is heating up. Beat the eggs and all of the ingredients.
- Once the oil is hot, add the eggs. The eggs mixture should automatically start frying. Let it cook for 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, layer the fixings on the toasted Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread. Transfer the eggs to the bread. Assemble. Enjoy.