The ultimate sweet potato side dish, this Ruth Chris sweet potato casserole copycat is an air fryer version and is a prepared with a deep golden color, crunchy topping and aromatic.
This is the type of side dish you’d want to have at the next holiday table to serve alongside your favorite meals.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato
This vibrant and tasty root vegetable is such a versatile ingredient. If you read my yellow yams post, you’ll know that this is also a tuber vegetable. It is often confused with yams.
This vegetable is packed with a whole lot of nutritional benefits and is rich in vitamins C and B6 and packed with potassium and magnesium.
This irresistible vegetable pairs well with savory foods, protein, and salads.
Since trying this recipe at Ruth Chris, I knew this had to become a must side dish for Thanksgiving and during the holidays. Even better, this casserole is baked in the air fryer, while the oven is occupied with other scrumptious dishes.
Just like the oven baked sweet potato casserole, this version also includes boiling the potatoes first, after half an hour to 40 minutes, or when you can prick the sweet potatoes easily with a fork, let them cool slightly and you will be able to peel the skin off easily with your hands.
Since this is prepared in the air fryer, be sure to make sure not to overcook them, or you could end up with a watery sweet potato casserole.
TIPS FOR RUTH’S CHRIS SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- At Ruth Chris restaurant, chopped pecans are used. I find that walnuts also work well as a topping.
- You can prepare this air fryer Sweet Potato Casserole a couple of days in advance. Just make your sweet potato mix, add it to the dish and cover it in saran wrap to keep in the refrigerator for up to a couple of days before serving. At the same time, prepare your topping ingredients and keep them in the refrigerator in a ziploc bag, adding to the top of your casserole just before baking.
More Sweet Recipes To Try
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
By the way, it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from our site.
We’d especially would love to know if you have tried this recipe, tag us on Instagram or Facebook so we can see your beautiful dish.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 ½ Lbs. Sweet Potatoes Cooked and peeled
- ½ Stick Butter Softened, unsalted
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar Tightly packed
- ½ Cup Evaporated Milk
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Raisins Optional
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar Tightly packed
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ Cup Butter Melted
- Preheat the air fryer. Grease ovenproof baking dish, suitable to fit your air fryer. Prepare topping and set aside. Mash sweet potatoes and butter in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla, beating after each addition. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish. Spoon topping over the potatoes, sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set at 310°.
So brilliant to create a copycat of this beloved recipe … that can go in the air fryer! I feel like everyone I know is buying an air fryer lately – and for good reason. Now, this sweet potato casserole in yet ANOTHER great reason lol!
This looks so delicious and the top adds the perfect crunch to it! Can’t wait to make this for my hubby! So excited!
Just got my air fryer for Christmas and I’ve been collecting recipes, so this is perfect timing!
Honestly – I love sweet potato casserole all year round! Why keep the goodies for the holidays only?
I love a good copycat recipe. This one is even better by making it in the air fryer!