Crowd-pleasing Air Fryer Strawberry Layer Cake that’s perfect for celebrations, afternoon tea or a simple weekend treat, this pretty pink cake and easy strawberry cream cheese frosting is one you’ll return to again and again.
If you have a box of strawberry cake mix lying around that you’re not sure what to do with, then this Strawberry Air Fryer Cake recipe is a great way to jazz it up and bring an element of fruity freshness.
Not only is this cake moist and delicious, but thanks to the air fryer you can rustle up this crowd-pleasing bake in no time.
The full recipe with the exact measurement is listed below in the recipe card. But here’s a quick video to help ease your mind in making this recipe.
There are a few things we will add to the strawberry cake mix to transform it into a summery strawberry layer cake.
Fresh (or frozen) strawberries help give it that fresh flavor and also add some additional moisture to make it extra decadent.
The fruity taste is given a boost by strawberry gelatin, helping to make sure that every bite is full of strawberry flavor.
Aside from that, you’ll just need the usual additions to boxed cake mix, including eggs, and vanilla extract.
We like to also add egg yolk as it helps the cake to be pillowy soft.
It only needs a few small tweaks to transform something ordinary into an extra special cake.
This Strawberry Air Fryer cake uses a simple frosting recipe of cream cheese and powdered sugar, taken to a whole new level with the addition of fresh strawberries. Best filling for the cake!
The fruit not only gives it that lovely authentic flavor but also gives it a gorgeous pink hue that’s totally irresistible!
For best results, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before you begin your frosting, as this will help to prevent any lumps from forming and give you a smooth and creamy mixture.
If you really wanted to amp up the strawberry flavor, we are adding some tiny pieces of the fruit into the frosting.
How Do I Know When It’s Done?
You will know your cake is done when you insert a toothpick or skewer into the center and it comes out clean.
If you can still see cake mix on it, then it needs some extra time. I recommend putting it back in your air fryer for just an extra 5 minutes before checking it again.
Can I Make Layered Strawberry Cake In A Regular Oven?
Yes! While I love the convenience of the air fryer, you don’t need to have one to enjoy this delicious cake. Using a 9” cake pan, simply bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for around 30 minutes to achieve the same results.
How To Store It
Once cooled and frosted, your Strawberry Air Fryer Cake will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week (however it is best consumed as soon as possible as the cake will start to dry out).
You can even freeze the unfrosted cake – just wrap it in plastic wrap and it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
To make the strawberry filling for layer cake you’ll need to blend together powdered sugar and butter together. Next, add the strawberries and continue blending to a smooth consistency.
Slice the cooled baked cake in half. Add the filling. Put the top back on the cake and continue to apply the filling. Decorate as desired.
No, adding strawberries will not make the cake soggy. Adding strawberry will keep the cake moist.
The frosting can be prepared, covered and refrigerated overnight. When ready to use, let it sit at room temperature so that it can soften slightly for about 10 minutes before frosting the cake.
If you want to use food coloring to make the color pop even more, consider adding 1-2 small drops of pink or red food coloring for a beautiful pink shade to the layered strawberry cake.
More Amazing Sweet Recipe
Please follow us on YouTube to see all of our latest videos!
Strawberry Layer Cake Recipe
- 1.41 Oz. Pkg. Strawberry gelatin
- ½ Cup Hot water
- 15.25 Oz. Pkg. Strawberry cake mix with pudding inside
- 2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Frozen strawberries thawed
- 4 Eggs yolk and whites separated
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese soften
- 2 Cups Powder sugar more if needed
- ⅓ Cup Frozen Strawberries thawed
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Tsp. Almond extract
- Coconut flakes optional
- Dissolve dry gelatin mix in hot water in a mixing cup or bowl. Set aside to cool. Next, in a large bowl blend the (thawed) strawberries until all of the strawberries are mashed. You may leave small pieces if you'd like. Pour in the gelatin mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the cake mix and flour. Mix well. Next add the eggs, one at a time, beating slightly after each addition. In a separate bowl with a hand mixture or electric whisk, beat the egg whites to stiff peak. Add the eggs whites to the cake mixture, fold in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into greased pan suitable to fit a 5.3 Quart air fryer basket.Bake at 310° for 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for a minum of 30 minutes, but the longer the better. Slice the cake in half. Spread the strawberry frosting between layers and all over the cake. Decorate with additional strawberries and coconut flakes (optional).