If you haven’t tried Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you are missing out. However, no need to keep missing out on this creamy broccoli cheddar soup that’s so comforting and delicious.
The best part about this Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup is, you can easily make it at home and enjoy the experience as if you were eating the soup at Panera. It tastes just like it.
Savory Thoughts: It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
Why does this Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe work?
As you already know, I love recipes that are quick and easy. There are times I do not mind babysitting a certain dish as well, especially when I know the outcome will be fulfilling.
Everyone has something they love at Panera Bread. But Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup is always on top of the list.
This recipe works because it tastes just like the one at Panera. I have had this soup so much to the point where the employees already know as soon as I walk in, exactly what my order will be. Not to mention the baguette that comes with the soup – let’s just say HEAVEN! The warmth, the comfort, and the feeling of being full but not feeling sluggish are some of the many reasons why I gravitate towards this soup every single time.
So, my friends, if you are a broccoli and cheese lover, you will love this recipe!
What are the ingredients in Panera broccoli cheddar soup?
You’ll need about 2 ½ cups of broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces. Pretty much pull the florets apart. You will also need carrots. An employee told me it’s best to julienne the carrots, so here’s a tip – the matchstick carrots work just as well. However, for this recipe because I had some carrots I need to use up, I chopped the carrots into small pieces.
You will also need cheese! Lots of it. My family and I are cheese lovers, so a major bonus to this recipe is the amount of cheese that’s added. I chose to use sharp cheddar cheese because it enhances the flavor a little more than mild sharp cheese.
You will also need butter, onions, garlic, half and half, chicken broth, cornstarch, celery, and bread bowls (optional).
Is Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup gluten-free?
YES! Here’s why. To make the roux, which is the white sauce, you will need a thickening agent. People have used flour to prepare the roux. Instead, In a small bowl, I added ¼ cup of cornstarch which I mixed with a little bit of the half and half and added it to the pan to thicken the sauce.
If you love this Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup, you will love these soup recipes:
Latest video: Glazed Carrots Recipe
SAVE THIS BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
Also, I am always pinning tasty recipes, Let’s connect on Pinterest!
Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup - Copycat
- 2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- ½ stick butter about ¼ cup
- ⅓ cup yellow onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups half & half or milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- Bread bowls optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and about ⅓ cup of the half and half until there are no lumps. Set aside.
- In a deep pan, cook the butter, onions, garlic, and celery for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining half and half or milk and stir. Add the chicken broth and the cornstarch mix. The sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add the broccoli (reserve ½ cup to add at the end). Stir and cook until the broccoli starts to soften. Use an immersion blender to blend the broccoli in the sauce. The sauce will be creamy. Add the cheese. Then add the remaining broccoli and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots is softened, stirring constantly. Season with allspice, salt, and pepper. Serve in a bread bowl or soup bowl. Enjoy!