Best puff pastry shrimp patties Recipe ever! These delicious homemade patties are ready in less than 30 minutes and are a must-make for your next summer cookout.
Crispy and flaky on the outside, these delightful patties are flavored with pantry staple ingredients to include Cajun seasoning, celery seeds and garlic cloves.
Combined to create an amazing flavor, but yet simple dish that can be elegantly served as an appetizer, or as part of the show at your next summer gathering.
Shrimp Patties Baked In Puff Pastry Ingredients
Here is a basic, easy-to-make recipe for shrimp patties which can also be made if preparing shrimp burgers.
A well-cooked shrimp dish is quite enjoyable from time to time. It is very delicious and contain a high amount of nutrients to include iodine which is not found in most foods.
Despite of their negative label of being high in cholesterol, Shrimp is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acid, low in calories, and about 3-ounce serving contains 161 mg of cholesterol.
Shrimp also contain antioxidant also known as Astaxanthin, which is also the primary reason for the reddish color found on shrimp shells. This antioxidant also helps to fight against inflammation.
As most people are allergic to shrimp, the most common trigger of shrimp allergies is tropomyosin, which is a protein found in shellfish.
We highly recommend you speak with your doctor prior to consuming any dish that contain shrimp.
Other proteins in shrimp that may trigger an allergic reaction include arginine kinase and hemocyanin.
The full measurement along with the full step-by-step guide is listed below in the recipe card. For now, here’s a quick guide of what you’ll need.
- Shrimp: Best to buy already cooked shrimp. Raw shrimp will require for you to cook it first before blending it with the other ingredients. The ideal shrimp for this dish needs to be deveined, cooked, and peeled.
- Spices: Are added to flavor the shrimp.
- Melted Butter: Helps to provide extra flavor and richness to the dish.
- Egg and Breadcrumbs: Both the eggs and breadcrumbs are used to add depth and are used as a binding agent.
- Tomato Paste: Will add color to the dish.
- Lemon Juice (Optional): This is completely optional, but the acid flavor from the lemon will help bring out the flavor of the shrimp, herbs, and spices.
Steps to make it
Thaw the frozen puff pastry but be sure to keep it chilled at all times. Best to leave it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
Add the shrimp and all the ingredients under the shrimp preparation section with the exception of the breadcrumbs into a food processor.
Once fully mixed, removed from food processor and placed in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and combine with shrimp mixture.
Using a cast iron skillet, melt the butter and stir in the tomato paste. Add the onions, ginger, garlic cloves, and cayenne pepper and stir in all ingredients under low heat until tomato paste is fully dissolved.
Roll out the puff pastry sheet.
Cut into desired squares. Starting with two squares at a time, place a heaping spoon of the filling in the center of the square. Cover with the other square.
Use a fork to seal the edges of the square.
Bake in a preheated oven of 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
How To Pair Your Patties
Ideally, greens are the best food that goes well with your shrimp patties. Thus, some of the best options that you can combine this dish with include the following recommendations listed below.
- Roasted Mashed Cauliflowers
- Steamed Broccoli
- Air Fryer Green Beans
MORE SEAFOOD DISHES TO TRY
If you loved this delicious dish, we recommend that you try one of these seafood dishes next:
More Patty Recipes To Try
After trying this delicious shrimp patties, we recommend that you try one of these patties next:
More Shrimp Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe.
Tag us on Instagram or Facebook so we can see your beautiful dish.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Shrimp Patties In Puff Pastry
- Food Processor
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry
- 2 lbs Shrimp
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon Melter butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon Celery seeds
- 2 Fresh parley twigs
- Thaw the frozen puff pastry but be sure to keep it chilled at all times. Best to leave it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Preheat the oven to 400°FSeasoned the salmon on both sides with the ingredients under Salmon Preparation and set aside.Add the shrimp and all the ingredients under the shrimp preparation section with the exception of the bread crumbs into a food processor.Once fully mixed, removed from food processor and placed in a bowl. Add bread crumbs and combine with shrimp mixture.
- Using a cast iron skillet, melt the butter and stir in the tomato paste. Add the onions, ginger, garlic cloves, and cayenne pepper and stir in all ingredients under low heat until tomato paste is fully dissolved.Roll out the puff pastry sheet. Cut into desired squares. Starting with two squares at a time, place a heaping spoon of the filling in the center of the square. Cover with the other square. Use a fork to seal the edges of the square. Bake in a preheated oven of 400°F degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
These were delicious. So much flavour and so easy to make too.
Wow! Great patties, just cooked it today. It was easy to make and so delicious. The family loved it, thank you for the recipe!
Tried making these shrimp patties at our bbq party and it went GREAT! Everyone wanted more of these. Next time, I’ll double the recipe.
Delicious! I was a little hesitant because I am not a huge shrimp fan but I tried them and they were so good. Can’t wait to make again
Great flavor in the shrimp patties and the puff pastry was so flaky and delicious!
Thank you, Jen
I haven’t had shrimp stuffed pastries before but I thought I would give them a go. And I am glad I did. Cajun shrimp filing was so flavoursome! Brilliant snack or appetiser, and I can actually see myself having these for lunch with a bowl full of salad! Thanks for the recipe:)
Thank you, Leva!
Hands-down the best shrimp patties ever! I love the texture, and flavor so much!
thank you so much, Amy!
I’ve never had shrimp this way. I love the use of puff pastry. It takes a regular shrimp patty to the next level. Looking forward to trying these.
The flavors in these babies are fantastic! And I love the flaky texture of the pastry. What a treat!
These are the best shrimp patties I’ve ever had! The puff pastry made it such a treat!