Slow cooker jerk ribs are a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for those who want to enjoy delicious, fall-off-the-bone ribs with minimal effort.
Slow Cooker Jerk Ribs
Start by mixing together the spices to create a jerk marinade. Then, generously rub the marinade over the ribs and let it sit for a few hours, or overnight, if possible, to allow the flavors to fully penetrate the meat.
Slow-cooker jerk ribs are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy a flavorful meal. The slow cooking process helps to retain the moisture and tenderness of the meat, making it juicy and tender.
This method of cooking also helps to infuse the meat with spices and seasonings, which can be rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
The use of spices such as allspice, thyme, and cinnamon can also help boost the immune system and promote digestive health.
The slow cooking process also allows for the development of rich, complex flavors without the need for added oils or unhealthy fats.
This makes slow cooker jerk ribs a great option for those who are looking to maintain a healthy diet.
Additionally, the slow cooker makes meal preparation easy and convenient, allowing you to simply set it and forget it, freeing up time to focus on other tasks.
Enjoy this slow cooker jerk ribs as part of a balanced diet for a delicious and nutritious meal.
What’s In This Recipe
The seasoning for the recipe is mildly spicy and, in some instances, it can be very sensitive to your taste buds.
This is not a true and authentic Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Base, However, it is our version.
To make this recipe, here are some key ingredients you’ll need:
- Beef Ribs – Yes, this recipe works well with pork ribs as well. Be sure to trim the ribs, this includes removing any membrane from the back of the ribs (and front). When removing the membrane, it is best to use a sharp knife as it will make it easier for you to cut and not tear the ribs. Use the tip of the knife to create a slit and this will help you get a hold of the membrane to pull it backward and remove it.
- Prepare The Jerk Spice Blend – If you are pressed for time, this can be done ahead of time. If you are short of ingredients, store-bought jerk seasoning will also work.
- Liquid – For additional flavor, this recipe includes vegetable broth. Feel free to substitute it with water or with beef broth or stock.
How To Prepare These Slow-Cooked Jerk Ribs
Remove any membranes from the meat. Wash the beef ribs and pat them dry and set them aside on a plate. Next, coat the ribs with jerk seasoning on both sides.
Place the ribs in the slow cooker and add any remaining marinade. Add ½ cup broth or stock and cook on low heat for 6–8 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
Serve the slow cooker jerk ribs with a side of rice and beans like this pigeon peas and rice, this Ghanaian Jollof Rice, or with vegetable rice.
The spicy, sweet, and savory flavors of the jerk marinade pair perfectly with the tender, juicy ribs, making this a dish that’s sure to impress.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
There is no right or wrong way to answer this question. The short answer is – It really depends on you. Chicken is easier to prepare. However, any meat can be prepared as jerk.
The key ingredients found in most jerk marinade or seasoning consist of ginger, onion, garlic, allspice, brown sugar, nutmeg, scotch bonnet pepper, pimento, and cinnamon.
The word jerk allegedly came from the Spanish word charqui, which means dried strips of meat. This type of cooking method dates to the Taino people in the Caribbean, who developed the jerk method and later taught it to African slaves, and later the African Slaves later created the jerk chicken method.
How To Store
Slow cooker jerk ribs are a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for those who want to enjoy delicious, fall-off-the-bone ribs with minimal effort. To make this dish, you need a slow cooker, a blend of spices, and a good cut of beef ribs.
Rub the marinade over the ribs and let it sit for a few hours, or overnight if possible. Add any remaining marinade and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Serve with a side of rice and beans or your favorite side dish.
Any leftover jerk ribs should be stripped from the bones and placed in a refrigerator-safe container. The ribs will last for up to 3 days, but it is best enjoyed right away.
More Ribs Recipe to Enjoy
After trying this Slow Cooker Beef Jerk Ribs recipe, we recommend you try these ribs recipes next.
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site.
Also, we would appreciate it if could give it a star rating below!
How To Make Jerk Ribs In The Slow Cooker
- 2.74 lbs. Beef Ribs; membranes removed
- 5 Tbsp. Homemade Jerk Seasoning or Store-Bought
- ½ Cup Stock or Broth; vegetable, beef, or chicken stock/broth will work.
- Remove any membranes from the meat. Wash the beef ribs and pat them dry and set them aside on a plate. Next, coat the ribs with jerk seasoning on both sides. Place the ribs in the slow cooker and add any remaining marinade. Add ½ cup broth or stock and cook on low heat for 6–8 hours, or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- Serve the slow cooker jerk ribs with a side of rice and beans like this pigeon peas and rice, this Ghanaian Jollof Rice, or with vegetable rice.