If you are looking for the BEST cashew chicken recipe that tastes just as good as the order you would get from your favorite Asian restaurant, look no further!
Why this Cashew Chicken Recipe Work?
Savory Thoughts: If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you. – Les Brown
This dish is so easy to make. It’s filling and it is loaded with bold flavors. Not to mention, it is loaded with delicious texture from the vegetables and cashews.
I love this cashew chicken recipe so much, I cannot believe it has taken me this long to share this recipe with you. I don’t know what I was waiting for!
This cashew chicken really does taste better than the ones you would get from a restaurant. Not because I made it, but because it is really good!
This dish is similar to cashew chicken stir-fry. The vegetables are cooked just the way I like them; crisp-tender!
How do you make cashew chicken and what ingredients are in cashew chicken?
The dish includes cashews, of course. The wonderful cashew chicken sauce is made with gluten-free soy sauce, chicken breast cut in bite size, bell peppers in strips, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, kosher salt, ground black pepper, green onions – chopped, vegetable oil, honey, hoisin sauce, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and water.
The heat from this sauce helps bring the chicken to life without being overly spicy. If you are not a fan of spicy food, you can omit that ingredient. The sauce helps keep the meat moist and tender and attach to the veggies beautifully.
If you love this cashew chicken recipe, you will love my vegetable lo mein recipe.
Latest video – Vegetable Lo Mein:
Save this Cashew Chicken Recipe for later:
Recipe Card & Step-by-Step Photos
Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 3 ½ lbs. skinless chicken breast cut in bite size
- 1 cup whole cashews I used the specially selected deluxe brand by Aldi
- 1/2 cup bell peppers cut in strips
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup green onions chopped
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil more if needed
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup water
- Wash, pat dry, and cut the chicken in bite size. Set aside.In a large bowl, add the cornstarch, salt and pepper, mix well. Set aside.
- Coat the chicken then cook until golden brown on all sides. Best to do it in batches.Using the same pan or skillet, add a little more oil, add the chicken, bell peppers, green onions, cashew, and ginger. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and water.Add the sauce to the chicken, combine and cook for 5 minutes.Serve warm with rice.