If you are looking for the best way to cook chickpeas in air fryer, we’ve got you covered! In just 12 minutes, you’ll enjoy this very healthy and addictive snack.
Simple to make and they are loaded with protein. Roasted to perfection in the air fryer in accordance to your taste.
This vegan snack is not only good for you, but also taste delicious with some added heat from cayenne pepper – although, completely optional.
This Air Fryer roasted chickpeas recipe is gluten-free. Vegan complaint. And make a delicious salad topping!
Are Fried Chickpeas Good For You?
These air fryer chickpeas have an irresistible crisp-tender bite. They are low in calories.
Filled with protein. Fried chickpeas can be good for you depending on how they are prepared. Simply place the chickpeas in air fryer, lightly coat with oil, season, and cook for 12 minutes or until you’ve reached your desired crispiness.
Chickpeas has 0-gram cholesterol. Because chickpeas are high in protein, they make a great replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Chickpeas have a nutty taste and grainy texture which makes them pair well with several other foods, including salads and other ingredients.
Are Canned Chickpeas Already Cooked?
Yes, canned chickpeas are already cooked. You can eat them directly from the can. However, canned chickpeas have a higher sodium level. Therefore, we recommend rinsing them prior to placing chickpeas in air fryer.
How Do You Cook Dried Chickpeas?
Although this recipe calls for canned chickpeas, you may use dried chickpeas. For a quick cooking method, use the Instant Pot to cook the beans.
If you do not have an instant pot, the beans will cook on stove in 1 hour.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander. Pat them dry and transfer them to a bowl.
- Drizzle the oil on top of the peas and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Then place the chickpeas in the air fryer basket. Roast or cook for 12 minutes but no more than 15 minutes. Shake the chickpeas constantly to assure all sides are cooked evenly. Cook them to your level of crunchiness. 12 minutes was enough for me in my air fryer.
- Remove the chickpeas from the basket. Place in a bowl and enjoy. They are crunchy but yet soft in the inside. You may adjust the seasoning if desired.
Top Tips & Tricks
Although this recipe is so easy to make and are perfect for salad dishes, here are a few tips to make this recipe perfectly each time.
- We recommend you eat them fast. Unfortunately, they tend to lose their crispiness as the day goes on.
- They are best to be stored at room temperature. We recommend a sealed air tight Ziploc bag for on the go or in a jar.
- We would not recommend placing them in the refrigerate. They can become chewy when they are placed in the fridge.
What To Serve With These Chickpeas
Enjoy them as a snack; which is what we usually do, and or toss them in a simple salad, or use them in any of these recipes:
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from our site?
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Vegan Roasted Air Fryer Chickpeas
- 1 15.5 Oz Can Chickpeas Drained and patted dried
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander. Pat them dry and transfer them to a bowl.Drizzle the oil on top of the peas and season with salt. Mix well to combine.
- Then place the chickpeas in air fryer basket. Roast or cook for 12 minutes but no more than 15 minutes on 400 degrees. Shake the chickpeas constantly to assure all sides are cooked evenly. Cook them to your level of crunchiness. 12 minutes was enough for me in my air fryer.Remove the chickpeas from the basket. Place in a bowl and enjoy.