These fluffy strawberry pancakes are loaded with strawberry flavor from start to finish. Our Strawberry Pancakes are the ultimate weekend breakfast or brunch! With every bite, you’ll enjoy the warm strawberries bursting into your mouth, bite after bite.
Top with homemade strawberry syrup for the ultimate weekend indulgence.
These pancakes are light, fluffy, and filled with fresh blended strawberries. They are very easy to make, and create a satisfying dish for breakfast or brunch.
If you like pancakes that are light, fluffy, and flavorful, you’re going to fall in love with these strawberry pancakes!
I had the idea to make them right after making the strawberry syrup.
Instead of adding chopped strawberries to the batter, the strawberries are blended so that the juice from the strawberries is properly infused into the pancakes.
The pancakes are soft and tender due to the sour cream that was added to the batter. These pancakes are not only delicious, but they will keep you full until lunchtime.
Why Use Fresh Strawberries Instead Of Frozen Strawberries?
Essentially, both frozen and fresh strawberries have the same benefits. However, fresh strawberries will provide a deeper, richer, color and flavor.
Frozen strawberries are available all year round and can purchased in large quantities.
If you are worrying with preservatives, consider washing, drying, then freezing fresh strawberries yourself so that way you know exactly what’s included prior to freezing them.
Strawberry Pancake Recipe Ingredients
These pancakes are perfect any day, but there’s something special about weekend comfort breakfast foods; and these pancakes step up to the plate to fulfil every bite.
You only need 9 basic ingredients to make these easy strawberry pancakes:
- Of course, you’ll need all-purpose flour! For the best results, try sifting your flour to lighten up the batter.
- Eggs are used as the binder! Eggs also add moisture and richness and help make these pancakes super fluffy.
- Baking powder is needed to help the strawberry pancakes puff up as they cook.
- Milk and sour cream add moisture to this strawberry pancake recipe. You can add any milk you’d like.
- Vanilla extract will provide a comforting flavor and the best aroma to the pancakes.
- Kosher salt will help balance the sweet flavor.
How To Make Strawberry Pancakes
This pancake recipe is super simple to make, and it is the type of recipe the entire family can make together. Here’s how it goes:
First, using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the strawberries.
Next, whisk in the remaining wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl.
Then, pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until just combined; removing as many lumps as possible.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, or a pancake griddle. Brush in olive oil and butter. Use a ¼ or ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan.
Cook each pancake for 3-5 minutes per side. Adjust the heat if needed so that the pancake does not burn or cook too quickly before the middle of the pancake have a chance to cook through.
Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter and enjoy!
Pancakes Serving Suggestions
These pancakes are nice and hearty, which makes them a delicious breakfast on their own. But to jazz them up, top them with nuts for a crunchy texture, more sliced strawberries, and whip cream.
Haitian Food Breakfast Recipes To Try
If you love this recipe, try one of these breakfast treats next:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Over mixing your pancakes will cause the pancakes to not fluff up. Also, not adding a leavening agent will cause the pancakes to not rise as well.
You can add fruits, berries, syrup, and yogurt to your pancakes.
It is best to cook pancakes on medium heat. If using a griddle to cook the pancakes, set the temperature between 370-375 degrees.
Please follow us on YouTube to see all of our latest videos!
Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
- 2 ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ Cup Cup Milk
- ½ Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 8 Fresh Strawberries Cut in halves
- ½ Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- First, using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the strawberries.Next, whisk in the remaining wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl.Then, pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix until just combined; removing as many lumps as possible.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, or a pancake griddle. Brush in olive oil and butter. Use a ¼ or ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan.Cook each pancake for 3-5 minutes per side. Adjust the heat if needed so that the pancake does not burn or cook too quickly before the middle of the pancake have a chance to cook through.Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter and enjoy!