Epic Oven Roasted Beets – That Don’t Suck!
Oven Roasted Beets – Simple, quick, and easy to prep beets. Takes a little over 30 minutes in the oven. Made with only 5 ingredients. Best of all, my secret ingredient takes it to the top!
Why this roasted beets recipe works:
As you already know, I love an easy recipe. Especially one that’s easy, simple, and quick to make. And this easy beet recipe is no exception for many reasons. For starters, it contains only 5 ingredients; beets, olive oil, salt, pepper, dried rosemary– my secret ingredient. Can be prep in 15 minutes or less and taste good even the next day!
Do I need to peel a beet before roasting:
Yes. When it comes to roast beetroot, peeling the beets before roasting them will not only provide a smooth texture when eating, but it will roast easier in the oven.
How to roast beets:
I prefer to use fresh beets. Beets can be baked whole; with skin on or without peeling them. Just be sure to rinse the beets and remove any debris before cooking the beets.
You can roast them while wrapped in aluminum foil.
You can roast them at a high temperature between 400-425 degrees in the oven, this process will cook the beets faster – keep a close eye so they do not overcook. Or, you can boil the beets. Again, keep a close eye on them so they do not overcook.
Others have even steam beets. I too like it this way from time to time. If you cut the beets into cubes, they will steam within 15 minutes. Just add a little salt and pepper, olive oil or butter and you’ll have the perfect steam beets recipe!
For this oven roasted beets recipe, I roasted the beets in the oven at 350 degrees.
How long can you keep beets in the refrigerator:
You can store cooked beets in shallow airtight containers. Cooked beets can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I would not advise going longer than 5 days.
What goes with oven roasted beets:
I often pair my roast beetroot recipe with baked chicken or with my roasted chicken with curry seasoning. Below are also some choices and other ways to prepare beets.
- Rainbow Slaw with Beet Greens
- Peach & Roasted Beet Salad with Hazelnut-Yogurt Dressing
- If you love plantains, then you’ll enjoy this fried ripe plantains recipe.
- Or if you really want to enhance flavors, you can definitely add it to your next black bean burgers.
- If all fails, you can always make a roasted beet salad with all the fixings to include vinegar of your choice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and a little of sweet acid flavor (orange juice could work well).
Savory Thought: Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears – Les Brown.
Easy Oven Roasted Beets Recipe
- 2 large beets peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the coated sliced beets to a lined baking sheet. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the beets and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve as a side.