This easy marinated cucumber tomato salad recipe is our new favorite dish this summer! This cucumber and tomatoes salad is a quick and easy side dish that’s perfect for summer grilling and is loaded with fresh bold flavors.
Sometimes a subtle and generous salad is the way to go. A simple salad that’s perfect for entertaining. A great way to use up ingredients that will soon expire.
The salad is dressed with a sharp dressing that accommodate fresh vegetables very well, making this dish the perfect side summer dish.
This marinated cucumber tomato salad is loaded with ripe juicy cherry tomatoes and fresh parsley. This salad comes together very quickly even with the homemade dressing!
Here are the reasons to make this recipe
The cherry tomatoes add a hint of sweetness to the salad.
The aromatic fresh curly parsley provides a sharp earthy flavor to the salad.
The rich grapeseed oil gives the dressing a slightly rich taste.
The use of rice vinegar provide an acidic flavor to help balance the sweet flavor in the salad.
The sugar adds an extra hint of sweetness to the salad and the dressing.
This is the perfect dish to serve as a side with your summer BBQ food.
How To Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
The full recipe is outlined below in the recipe card. Here, you’ll find step-by-step photo guide for making this recipe perfectly each and every single time.
Cut the cucumber lengthwise. Scrape out and discard the seeds. Then cut crosswise slices.
Cut the tomatoes in halves. Then chopped the parsley.
Place the chopped ingredients in a bowl.
Add the vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Toss and mix well. Let chill, serve, and enjoy.
Cook’s Tips For Making This Salad
There are so many different cucumbers you can use to make this salad. Here are my recommendation:
- Use English cucumbers as they have less conspicuous seeds with a thin layer skin. These cucumbers will save an abundance of preparation time.
- Japanese Cucumbers are similar to English cucumbers. The main difference is that they are bumpy.
- Following the Japanese and English cucumber is the Kirby cucumber. Note that this cucumber is not found at all grocery stores. You may have to visit large (brand) grocery stores to find this cucumber.
- The garden cucumber is the most popular, especially in our region. They do have a thicker skin. However, I do not mind it. You have the option to peel it or leave the skin on. It does have lots of seeds. I recommend removing the seeds to make the salad more enjoyable.
- Although you can enjoy this salad at room temperature, but chilling it for at least 30 minutes prior to serving it gives the salad a chance to absorb all of the delicious flavors.
- Be mindful that the cucumbers do release water. It’s best to serve this salad at the most 2 days in advanced. This will help to avoid the vegetables and herbs from being soggy.
- If you do not have rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar as well as white distilled vinegar will work; including white wine vinegar.
- You can use honey to help sweeten the salad, be mindful that it may alter the taste. I recommend testing a small portion of the liquid mixture with honey prior to applying it to the salad.
More Super Easy Salad Recipes
Vegan Asparagus salad with cranberry vinaigrette
Watermelon Blueberry Salad
By the way, it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe, tag us on Instagram or Facebook so we can see your beautiful dish.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Marinated Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 Large Cucumber About 12 ounces; sliced or diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Grape-Seed Oil Or olive oil
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt or to taste
- ½ Tsp. Ground Peppercorn or to taste
- 1 ½ Tsp. Sugar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 Garlic Minced
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise; scrape out and discard the seeds. Cut crosswise into ⅛-inch slices. Then chop the tomatoes, garlic and parsley. Place the chopped ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
Such a wonderful use for summer vegetables! Definitely perfect for pairing with the grill this time of year. I love that you used rice vinegar.
Simply refreshing salad. I would love to have them with my curry too.
Cucumber salad is one of my favorite summertime dishes. This recipe is so fresh and flavorful – thank you!!
YES this is the kind of salad that I love loading my plate with!
Good! So glad to hear it. Thank you.
Cucumber and tomato salads are my favorite. This one sounds wonderful!
Thank you, Andrea