In 5 minutes, you can make your own pumpkin pie spice for a fraction of the cost you would purchase it at the local store. All you need are just a few common pantry staple ingredients, and you’ll have your own spice to make all of your favorite fall desserts and lattes!
Pumpkin spice mix is so easy to make at home. If you enjoy fall flavors, baking, and the spirits of the holidays, you’ll appreciate having this homemade pumpkin pie spice in your kitchen. The aroma adds warm comfort to cakes, pies, lattes, waffles, and more!
Ingredients Used To Make This Pumpkin Spice Mix?
The complete full list of ingredients are listed below with the exact measurements. In the meantime, here’s a few of the base ingredients that are used to make this spice mix.
This pumpkin pie spice recipe is quick and easy to make! It only calls for 5 basic spices:
- Allspice, nutmeg, and cloves – I like to start with the bold flavors. You do not need much to make a statement. They are pungent, only a small amount is needed
- If you are not familiar with allspice, this versatile seasoning can be used to enhance the flavor of desserts, side dishes, main courses, and beverages. It is often used in the Caribbean and in the Middle East. Allspice is a single spice made from dried berries which comes from the allspice tree. Whole all spice looks like peppercorn.
- Cinnamon – This is my favorite warming spice! It’s rich and we use it in abundance in this pumpkin pie recipe.
- Ground ginger – Ginger is cinnamon’s best friend. These two spices play well together. I love its fiery flavor with the cinnamon and other fall spices.
How To Make The Spice Mix
Measure all of the ingredients into a small jar, or bowl. Either whisk, stir, or shake to ensure the ingredients are well incorporated. Once combined, seal the jar, bowl, or place in an hair tight container for storage. Store in a cool dry place. The spice mix will last up to 5 months.
More Favorite Spice Blends
If you love this easy homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe, try one of these spices next:
By the way, it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from our site.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 4 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoon Allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cloves