Haitian Boiled Dumplings are an irresistible vegetarian comfort dish at its best. Served with a vegan pigeon pea stew, this dish is elevated to extraordinary culinary adventure!
This easy recipe for Haitian Dumplings is the ideal comfort food. A hearty weeknight recipe that uses a few simple everyday ingredients.
How To Make Boiled Dumplings
This simple dish is so easy to make and the ingredient list is as equally simple and short. Most likely, you have all of these ingredients on hand.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make Haitian boiled dumplings, today is the day you’ll discover that it’s totally easy and you can pair it with anything you’d like. The complete ingredient measurements are in the recipe card, in the meantime, here’s a brief breakdown of what you’ll need and how to make them.
- All-purpose flour – You may use gluten flour as a substitute. If you are not familiar on how to handle gluten free flour, I recommend using Xanthan gum to help the flour maintain its consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste – As the dough is blend, seasoning it lightly with salt and pepper will make the dumplings a little more enjoyable.
- Water and oil – Use water, or nut milk to moisten the flour. Use oil to help loosen up the flour for better handling.
How To Serve Them?
There’s no official dipping sauce for boiled dumplings. However, I suggest serving them with the following sauces and stews listed below:
- Pigeon Peas Stew
- Haitian Legume (Eggplant Stew)
- Or adding them to this tofu stew to create vegan chicken and dumplings
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Cook dumplings in hot boiled water in small groups for 3-5 minutes or until they are fully cooked. Use a slotted spoon to place the dumplings in a separate plate.
Form the dough in small log batches, then place the dough in boiled water. Boil or cook for 3-5 minutes.
Similar to baking, Haitian boiled dumplings are cooked through when a toothpick or a fork comes is inserted and comes out clean.
Yes, the dumplings are perfectly cooked when they start to float.
By the way, it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from our site.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
How To Cook Dumplings
- 2 Cups All – Purpose Flour Plus extra if needed
- 4 Cups Room Temperature Water Plus extra if needed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt Or salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper Or pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil Divided
- Prepare the dumplings – bring 3 cups of water to boil. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil in the water to avoid the dumplings from sticking at the bottom.Prepare the dumplings by adding the flour, salt, pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Then add the water and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix well.
- Take two spoonful or forkful of the dough and place it in the palm of your hand. Using both hands, start rolling the dough lengthwise into a log. Repeat the steps until you have used all of the dough. Add more water if necessary.
- Transfer the dough in small batches into the boiling water and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with desired stew or sauce.