No need for a laundry list of ingredients to make this mango curry. Easily made without all the fuss and long wait. This curry stew with mango comes together easily for an enjoyable mid-week dinner.
No need to hunt for a laundry list of ingredients to make this stew. Easily prepare this dish to serve over a bed of white rice for meatless Monday for a quick dinner meal.
Why Does This Recipe Work?
- This will allow you to introduce something different to your family.
- Impress your friends and family with this simple, flavorful, fragrant, and easy recipe for Curry Mango recipe.
- This is perfect even for the pickiest eater.
- The sauce is rich with a sweet flavor that’s just fantastic.
- Reheats well.
- It is an easy dinner on busy weeknights.
- Great for meal prep.
What Is Curry Powder?
If you are not familiar with curry or curry powder, it is a blend of spices which include common pantry staple ingredients.
Most people not aware that “curry powder’” was invented by the Indian spice vendors as a way to bring Indian flavors to the British consumers who came to love and appreciate the bold, robust flavors.
In Indian cuisine “curry” is used as a gravy or thick sauce to be used over meat, rice, and or vegetables. It is also created from various spices that are toasted.
What Is In Curry Powder?
The beauty about making curry powder at home is that you can tailor it to your fit your needs and taste.
There are no real staple ingredients when it comes to making curry powder; therefore, when it comes to knowing what is in curry powder, it is safe to say it can vary from one region to another.
Some have included such ingredients as:
- black pepper
Curry Powder Ingredients
Our quick and easy version of homemade curry powder is very simple to make. The seasoning is made with pantry staple ingredients.
Although the seasoning mix can easily be found at your local grocery store, it is also economically beneficial to make your own as you most likely have the curry powder ingredients readily available at home.
Here’s what you’ll need as the base when gathering your curry powder ingredients:
We included the following ingredients to further enhance the flavors in this dish:
- Garlic cloves
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
This is Curry Mango recipe is always on rotation during this time of year in our home. With an amazing aroma, sweet mildly sweet flavor will leave you wanting more when served over hot steamed plate of rice.
Best to use smaller mango chunks as it will be easier to eat and cook evenly.
You can alter this recipe by adding cut chicken breast or thighs.
Purchase mangos that are ripe as they are sweeter.
Feel free to also add spinach or sweet peas to this the stew to make it thicker and richer.
Feel free to add your favorite vegetables. Best to steam the veggies towards the final minutes of the stew before adding them in.
This fragrant mango curry stew takes about 25 minutes or less to prepare! It’s super easy, and packs tons of flavor!
More Stews To Enjoy
It warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Please follow us on YouTube to see all of our latest videos!
Curry Mango Recipe
- Sauce Pan
- 2 ½ Cups Diced Sweet Mango
- 1 Can Coconut Milk 13 Fl. Oz.
- 1 Tsp. Salt We used kosher salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Turmeric
- 2 Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp. Ground Cloves
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Diced Onions
- In a medium sauce pan, add the coconut oil. Once heated, add the onions, garlic, and diced mango. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Then add the cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper, ground cloves, ginger, turmeric. Stir. Then add the coconut milk and water. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy.