Easy Cheesy Creamed Spinach Dip Recipe that’s loaded with cream cheese. Prepared in just 20 minutes! This easy, low carb spinach dip, creamed side dish recipe made with a few simple ingredients.
Savory Thoughts: Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. – W. Clement Stone
What do I like about this Creamed Spinach Recipe?
This dish like I said is easy to make. It is prepared in 20 minutes. You can use frozen or fresh spinach to make it. It is a great choice for cheese lovers such as myself – and you too! It is better than the store-bought version. The sauce is made to your liking. It is also gluten-free as I have used cornstarch as a thickening agent instead of all-purpose flour.
This is one of those side dish that’s perfect for the healthy eaters and the not so healthy eaters. I mean, it satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
How do I make creamed spinach recipe?
Let me introduce you to the side dish you never thought would be your go to dish!
We make this creamed spinach by first mixing together the cornstarch and cream together (you can use milk too) and set it aside. Then, we proceed by melting the butter in a pot over medium heat.
Sautee the garlic and onions until fragrant; this should take about 1 minute. Then add the cream cheese, constantly whisk to melt the cheese. Once melted, slowly add the cream (or milk) mixture while whisking. Add the spinach, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cayenne pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Topped with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
I even included a photo guide for you to see how easy it is to make this delicious side dish.
Latest Video – Chimichurri Cilantro
SAVE THIS CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
ALSO, I AM ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES, LET’S CONNECT ON PINTEREST!
Easy Cheesy Creamed Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Fajita Mix green and red peppers mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 heavy cream
- Frozen spinach 12 oz bag
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Mix together the cornstarch and cream together, set aside. Then proceed by melting the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Sautee the garlic and fajita mix until fragrant; this should take about 1 minute. Then add the cream cheese, constantly whisk to melt the cheese. Once melted, slowly add the milk mixture while whisking.
- Add the spinach, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cayenne pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Topped with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.