Garlic Basil Chicken
Flavorful Garlic Basil Chicken cooked in rich tomato sauce, garlic and fresh basil. Makes an easy one-dish dinner the entire family will enjoy.
This season I had the pleasure of starting my garden. My husband and I had no clue we were over our head when we decided to start the garden. We bought tomatoes, basil, thyme, sage – including garden sage, and curly parsley to plant. The kiddos wanted to add pumpkin to the mix; that’s when we went over our head. We had ABSOLUTELY no clue how much pumpkin leaves spread and we have a great time watching the plant grow. It’s remarkable how much it grows every night. To learn more about growing pumpkins, read it about it here.
For the first time this year, thanks to our healthy garden, we were able to have an ample amount of tomatoes and herbs to cook with. All of which allowed me to create this chicken breast recipe. The fresh tomatoes were also used to make my parmesan chicken.
Why this tomato garlic basil chicken breast recipe work:
One pot dishes are the way to go when you have little ones. I love the fact I can throw all of the ingredients into one pot or skillet and let the magic happen.
- This recipe is infused with robust flavors from the tomatoes, garlic and of course the basil.
- Makes a healthy dinner for an easy weeknight meal.
- Perfect for lunch, if eating light.
- Works well with white rice and pasta.
- Perfectly paired with zoodles.
- If you are a fan of Falafels, then you’ll enjoy this recipe by No Spoon Necessary. Once you make these little babies, top it with the tomato sauce and allow the flavors to have a party in your mouth.
The possibilities are endless!
Savory Thoughts: “Change of place plus change of pace equals change of perspective.” Mark Batterson.
Allow yourself to dream in someone else’s dream. Wonder somewhere new to help you gain a new perspective of your own dream. A change of pace and scenery will allow new thoughts to filter and structure the paths you are to take in order to reach what waits for you ahead.
Garlic Basil Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast about 2 breasts
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- Fresh chopped basil
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon white cooking wine
- zoodles for pairing
- Heat the oil. Cook the chicken on both sides (7 minutes per side), then remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Then add tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper, cooking wine, and chopped basil. Cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken. Add the sauce from the skillet to the chicken. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve warm with zoodles, noodles, rice, or pasta.