There’s not much better than a perfectly cooked steak, and these Air Fryer Steak Bites come out succulent and juicy every time!
Using just a few ingredients and with a lightning fast cook time, they are a great high protein option that everyone will enjoy.
One of the keys to great steak bites is to start with the right cut of meat. You want to make sure you are using a cut of beef that works well with fast cooking, such as sirloin, rump or fillet.
Other cuts that are intended for stewing have a higher collagen content which takes a long time to break down and will come out tough and chewy if you try to cook them in the air fryer.
Feel free to adjust the cooking time of this recipe if you prefer your steak more on the rare or well done side.
As steak is so flavorful on its own, it doesn’t need much in the way of seasonings to bring out its deliciousness. You only need to cook the steak for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
A generous sprinkling of salt and pepper is a great complement to the rich, savory taste of steak.
However, one of the great things about this recipe is that it’s highly adaptable and works with all kinds of herb and spice combinations.
Smoked paprika, garlic or onion powder and chilli all work particularly well. Feel free to experiment to find a seasoning mix you like best!
- 2 Garlic Clove – minced. the more the better. If you know me you know I love my garlic so go nuts!
- 2 Tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted. I always use unsalted butter because this way I can control the salt in all my recipes.
- 1 1/2 Lb. Steak – Sirloin or Angus Cut Steak. I love using a sirloin steak in this recipe and cut it into small pieces. Sirloin packs a lot of flavor and it’s pretty tender, but still affordable.
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil – extra virgin.
- 1 Tsp. Salt & 1 Tsp. Pepper – Or to season to your liking.
- Pikliz– Garnish. for a little bit of heat, so if you want it mild, just skip the pepper flakes.
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley – Fresh or dried. I always love to garnish everything with a little bit of parsley because it makes the dish look so much better. We eat with our eyes first!
These juicy little morsels are great to rustle up to throw into a garden salad, serve with veg and potatoes or simply enjoy on their own as a low-carb, high-protein snack.
Incredibly versatile, they can also be used in stir frys, pasta recipes or served simply with some fries and a dipping sauce of your choice.
If you like, you can even add your veggies into the air fryer along with the steak for a super speedy meal that will be on the table in minutes.
But remember if you are using a firmer vegetable or potatoes you will need to par-boil them first.
Can I Make Steak Bites Without An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! For maximum flavor you will want to cook your steak bites on a grill, although you can also cook them on a skillet pan.
As long as you preheat your skillet enough to get it nice and hot, it won’t take much longer than using the air fryer.
Simply leave them in the pan untouched for the first 1-2 minutes so the meat gets a nice sear, then give them another stir and cook for a further 2 minutes or until they’ve reached your desired level of doneness.
How Do I Store And Reheat Air Fryer Steak Bites?
For any leftovers, allow your steak bites to cool before transferring them to an airtight container and putting them in the refrigerator, where they will keep for up to 3 days.
It can be tricky to reheat steak without it drying out, so you may prefer to use them up in a salad or sandwich.
However, if you do want to warm them up again you can put them in a 250 degree oven for 25-30 minutes before searing them with some hot oil in a pan for around 1 minute.
Frequently Asked Questions:
To have a tender steak, do not overcook the steak. Cook it for no more than 12 minutes.
You can make this recipe with frozen steak. Cook it for 5 minutes, then apply the seasoning, and finish cooking.
You can season the meat with salt and pepper, or use the suggested seasoning to season the steak bites.
More Air Fryer And Steak Recipes To Try
By the way, it warms our hearts to see the recipes you make from this site, and we’d especially would love to know if you tried this recipe.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below! Don’t forget to follow up on YouTube!
Air Fryer Steak Bites With Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley – Fresh or dried.
- 1 1/2 Lb. Sirloin Steak washed, pat dry and cut into bite size pieces
- Pikliz for garnish optional
- Preheat the air fryer. In a large bowl, add the melted butter, oil, Garlic, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the washed, bite size steak, in another bowl and pour the butter mixture over the steak. Mix well. Transfer the steak bites along with the butter mixture in the air fryer basket. Cook for 12 minutes (for well done) at 400 degrees. Serve as a side with veggies and rice (optional), and enjoy.