Oreo Cream Cheese Balls Recipe
These Oreo cream cheese balls are super fun to eat and an extremely easy treat to make! Make these easy no-bake Oreo cookie truffles and decorate them with chocolate and sprinkles to liven up any holiday party!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 26 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 12 Oreos
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- Melted chocolate
- Sprinkles Optional
First, in a food processor: Blend or pulse the Oreos until they form into a sand-like texture, or very fine crumbs.
Next, add in the cream cheese: Add in the cream cheese. Blend again until well combined. The cookies will begin to harden. Stop when the cookies have formed but do not over process as you do not want it to be mushy. Add more cookies if necessary to give it a sandy like texture.
After, transfer the Oreo cookies into a bowl: Let it sit while you prepare the chocolate.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough: Roll the dough into the desired size ball. Place the dough on a lined cookie sheet.
When ready to dip: In a medium bowl, add the chocolate and heat in the microwave in accordance with the directions on the package.
Dip the Oreo balls in the chocolate mixture(s) and decorate the top with as desired.
Chill the Oreo truffles for a least 1 hour, or longer if making ahead.
Serve well or package as a gift and enjoy it!
Tips for Oreo Balls
- Melting Wafers are best to use when dipping the cookies. However, chocolate chips will work as well. If you use chocolate chips, be sure to follow the steps and instructions on the package, or simply add butter to the chocolate to help thin it out.
- You do not need to use a food processor to make these treats. A stand mixture will also work for this recipe and manually fold in the softened cream cheese.
- These truffles make great make-ahead treats. Be sure to store them in an airtight container to use later.
- Add butter to help loosen the chocolate.
- You can decorate your Oreo balls with chocolate, candy melts, and you can roll them in coconut flakes, or decorate them with nuts. The possibilities are endless!
Serving: 4Servings | Calories: 2669kcal | Carbohydrates: 331g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 139g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 3150mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 169g | Vitamin A: 87IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 145mg