Easy Glazed Carrots Recipe
Glazed carrots are an easy simple elegant side dish to prepare for any occasion. These carrots are simmered in a mixture of orange juice, brown sugar, salt, and butter.
Servings 6 People
- 1 lb. carrots about six carrots
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. parsley fresh
In a medium saucepan add the water and carrots and cook until fork through, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
In the same saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Then add the salt and orange juice, parsley and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat. Transfer to a large bowl and serve warm as a side dish.
BROWN SUGAR GLAZED CARROTS PRO TIP
- How to cut the carrots? The shape and size of your carrots are entirely up to you! I like to slice them diagonally or in ½ inch round shape.
- Can I make the glazed carrots in the oven? Yes, if you are making a batch you can make them in the oven. I would also recommend sprinkling cinnamon on top of them as it will provide a light earthy flavor, but also it smells great while baking.
- Should I peel the carrots? I would strongly recommend pealing the carrots; although leaving the skin on does not hurt either. I suggest washing the carrots well before cooking.
- Do not use the shredded carrots as the ending result will not be the same. It can cause the carrots to overcook and mush up. The precut or baby carrots are not as sweet as whole fresh carrots.
- Other spices to use in this Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots recipe? Cinnamon is always a great choice.
- Other choices are: Rosemary. Parsley. Thyme. Cardamom and ginger are all ingredients I have used in the past to spice up these glazed carrots. Lemon zest is also another great choice. Especially if roasting the carrots.
- Can I make them ahead? You can make this side dish ahead of time.
Serving: 6People | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 13550IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg