Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Addictively delicious Tzatziki Sauce Recipe. A classic Greek appetizing dip and a great make ahead side dish! Full of flavor and simple to make in just 15 minutes or less.
Servings 6 People
- 1 Peeled cucumber diced and drained
- 1 cup Greek yogurt preferably plain
- ⅓ cup Fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and dice the cucumber. Add the cucumber into a small food processor. Blend well. Squeeze out the water with a clean dishcloth. Transfer the cucumbers to a small dish.
Add the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
Refrigerate for a couple hours or more before serving.
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Tip:
- How long can you keep tzatziki in the fridge? I personally like to discard the tzatziki sauce after 4 days.
- How long does it take to make tzatziki? Typically, it takes about 15 minutes to make this delicious sauce.
- Chill the dip for a couple hours before serving. Chilling it also allow the flavors to set.
- Adding fresh parsley can also enhance the flavor.
- Straining the cucumber after it is grated helps the dip become less watery when it is processed. However, if you forget to strain the cucumber, add a little more Greek yogurt to thicken the sauce.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 46mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.2mg