Sauteed Baby Bok Choy Recipe
This healthy, fresh Sauteed Baby Bok Choy serves well as a midweek side dish to accompany any protein. Easily prepared in less than 15 minutes.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 Pack of Baby Bok Choy; about 5 – cut in halves
- 4 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp. Garlic Paste or 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 tbsp. Lite Rice Vinegar
- Roasted Black Sesame Seeds Optional
Wash the stalks to remove any dirt. Next, slice the baby Bok choy in halves and place them in large plate or bowl.
In a small bowl, prepare the sauce in which you will use to cook the vegetables. Mix together the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic. Set aside.
Heat the oil and add the Bok Choy stalks to the hot oil face down. Cook on high heat for about 6-8 minutes uninterrupted or until they start to brown.
Once the vegetables are brown, turn them over and pour the sauce over the vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve warm. Enjoy!
COOK’S BOK CHOY TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
***Calories are estimated per serving***
- When cooking the stalks, do not overcrowd the pan as this will bring down the temperature. Cook the stalks in batches spreading them in an even layer. Transfer to a plate. When the sauce is added, return the stalks back to the pan to coat.
- How to store Boy Choy? Store Bok Choy easily as any vegetable. Place them in a zip lock bag and place them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- The darker or the more golden brown the stalk are the better as it will enhance the flavors of the vegetable.
- Where to buy Bok Choy? You can purchase Bok Choy in large supermarkets or International markets. They are very popular as most major food stores will carry them.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.4g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 11.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g | Sodium: 246.6mg | Potassium: 154.1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1.5g | Vitamin A: 10.6IU | Vitamin C: 37.4mg | Calcium: 8.2mg | Iron: 9.4mg