- I used avocado oil instead of olive oil as a personal preference. However, olive oil is traditionally used to make this salad.
- You can use any tomato you would like; however, roma tomatoes are the best to use when making this salad.
- I used an English cucumber to make this salad. However, any cucumber can be used to prepare this Israeli salad. Be mindful that some cucumbers such as the waxed cucumber contain seeds; best to remove the seeds.
- I highly recommend using fresh herbs to make this salad. Using fresh herbs enhances the flavor of the salad. It also provides a sense of freshness.
- This salad can be made ahead. However, be mindful that cucumbers do release a lot of water. It’s best to prepare this salad and serve it right away for best result.
- Dill and basil can be used to make this salad as well as they are often use in Middle Eastern recipes.
**** When printing the recipe, please unselect the camera so that the pictures are NOT printed with the recipe (if preferred).
Calories are estimated per serving.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.
. We may receive compensation by clicking on the links and or making a purchase.