Easy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is filled with fresh herbs and garlic. Light green soup that's easy to make, vegan, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly.
Servings 4 People
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 -2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Sage
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
Wash and cook the butternut squash until fork-through.
Cut the squash and remove the seeds. Feel free to remove the seeds or blend it to incorporate in the soup. Transfer the squash to a good quality blender.
Add salt and pepper to taste, then add remaining ingredients. Blend to a smooth texture ( about 2-3 minutes on high).
Transfer to a saucepan and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning as the soup simmer.
Serve warm with croutons and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full policy disclosure.
Pro Tips For Green Soup – Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- In the previous recipe, I used light cream. Feel free to add a cup of creamer to make this soup thicker. Coconut milk also works well with this soup.
- It is best to cook the squash ahead of time for easy prepping, meal planning, peeling and blending.
- A large high-speed quality blender, such as a Vitamix blender is a great choice. With this soup, you can puree and the soup comes out creamy
- You may add a little more water if the soup becomes too thick.
- If using an immersion blender, I would recommend you cut the squash into smaller pieces as tougher pieces will make it difficult to blend.
- For this recipe, I used kosher salt.
- Roasting the squash will provide a strong flavor that works well with the fresh herbs that are added in the soup. I recommend boiling the squash first if you want to not use the skin as it will make it easier to peel and to remove the seeds. However, making the soup with the skin is completely your choice as well.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 554mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 11mg