Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Skin On
This Instant Pot Skin On Mashed Potatoes recipe significantly cuts down the time and effort required by using a much-loved kitchen gadget.
Servings 8 People
- 2 Pounds White Potatoes Washed And Quartered, about 5
- 2 Cups Water
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream More if needed
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup 2% Milk Warm
- ¼ Tsp. Salt Or To Taste
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Pepper Or To Taste
Wash and cut the potatoes in 4 pieces. Place potatoes and add the water add the lid and turn the knob to sealing. Cook on pressure high for 8 minutes.
Quick release and drain; place the potatoes in a mixing bowl. Mash potatoes to desired consistency; stir in remaining ingredients.
Garnish with butter and chives (optional). Serve and enjoy.
Calories are estimated per serving.
**** When printing the recipe, please unselect the camera so that the pictures are NOT printed with the recipe (if preferred).
- Here are a few tips and tricks when it comes to freezing mashed potatoes.
- Be sure that you cook the potatoes completely, as this is necessary for mashing.
- Consider adding butter to the container before adding the mashed potatoes.
- Again, the fat will be served as a protection; keeping your red mashed potatoes fresh and ready to be heated before serving.
- Consider diving the mashed potatoes into serving size portion so that it is ready for when you prepared to serve it on Thanksgiving Day, mealtime, or any day.
Serving: 8People | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 464mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 4mg