Delicious Haitian Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
Also known as Gateau Au Beurre, Haitian Cake is a delicious, buttery bake with a hit of dark Barbancourt rum. Double the recipe as you’ll want more after the first bite!
Servings 8 People
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour Sifted
- 1 Tsp. Salt We used kosher salt
- 2 ½ Tsp. Baking powder
- 2 Stick butter Unsalted
- 2 Egg yolks Room temperature
- 1 ⅓ Cup Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 ⅓ Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla extract Haitian version if possible
- 1 Tsp. Almond extract
- 2 Egg whites Room Temperature
- 2 Tbsp. Haitian Rum (Barbancourt Rhum)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 24 Oz. Cream cheese Room temperature
- 4 Tsp. Almond extract
- 2 ½ Cup Powder Sugar
- ¼ Cup Milk More if needed
Cream Cheese Icing Instructions
Add the cream cheese, powder sugar, almond extract, and milk.
Begin to blend slowly then gradually increase the speed. Blend to a smooth consistency. Place in the refrigerator until ready to be used.
**** When printing the recipe, please unselect the camera so that the pictures are NOT printed with the recipe (if preferred).
*** Calories are estimated per serving
Serving: 8People | Calories: 1068kcal | Carbohydrates: 202g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 696mg | Potassium: 258mg | Sugar: 158g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 12mg