Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Learn how to make the best Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks that are crispy on the outside, soft and cheesy on the inside, just the way fried cheese should be!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Olive oil Spray for frying.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
Next, mixed all the dry ingredients together.
Dip the cheese sticks (a couple at a time) in the egg mixture, then coat them with the breadcrumbs mixture and dip again in the egg mixture, back again in the breadcrumbs. Add them in the air fryer basket (no more than 6 at a time). Spray them with olive oil. Then fry for 2-4 minutes on 400 degrees.
Mozzarella Sticks Recipe Notes:
- These mozzarella sticks come together perfectly when done correctly in the air fryer. I recommend cooking them in 2 minutes intervals to avoid the cheese melting out.
- This recipe works well if you choose to deep fry the sticks. Follow the instructions for mixing the ingredients, then deep fry the mozzarella sticks in hot cooking oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- The beauty of these mozzarella cheese sticks is that they are customizable. A lighter alternative is to oven bake the cheese sticks as opposed to deep fry them.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 741mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 7mg