Instant Pot Collard Greens
This Instant Pot Collard Greens with smoked turkey neck is deliciously preapred with a limited amount of seasoning which parts well with protein, and other main dishes to create a mouthwatering meal.
Servings 6 People
- 1 smoked turkey neck
- 1 bag collard greens
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp better than bouillon or Haitian Epis
Press sautee. Adjust the timer to 5 minutes. Cook onions for 3 minutes.
Add half of the greens, turkey neck, and the remaining half of the greens.
Add the broth, click on manual, and pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
Remove the neck bone and shred. Add the meat back to the greens. Adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve warm and enjoy.
Instant Pot Collard Greens recipe notes
- You can always substitute the smoked turkey neck for the ham hock.
- You can make collard greens taste good and vegan in the pressure cooker by simply removing the meat.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings when you’re ready to eat if needed.
- This recipe also works if you prefer to slow cook the collard greens in the instant pot. Simply add all of the ingredients and slow cook for 3 hours.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 7mg