Instant Pot Braised Oxtail Stew Recipe
Fall-off-the-bone braised oxtail stew recipe that's easy to make in the instant pot. Comforting Haitian hearty oxtail stew that's easily made in the pressure cooker to save you time on a busy night.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 lbs. Oxtail
- 1 15 oz. can Great Northern Beans
- 2 large Carrots sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onions chopped
- 1 cup Beef broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. Ground Clove
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable better than bouillon base
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. 100% Premium Glaze or Rosemary
- 2 Celery Stalks, sliced
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
Wash and pat dry the meat. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, ground cloves, premium glaze or browning, better than bouillon, and mix well. Pour the mixture over the meat and let marinate for 30 minutes (or longer).
On the instant pot, click on Sauté and set timer to 15 minutes. Add and heat the oil.
Sear the oxtail on all sides. Reserve the marinating mixture. Once the oxtail is seared on all sides, remove it and place the meat on a plate.
Click on cancel then sauté again, and set the timer for another 15 minutes. Add the vegetables and herbs. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, then add the meat. Stir. Then add the beans.
Add broth and reserved marinade. Cover. Turn the knob to sealing. Cook on pressure high for 45 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Braised Oxtail Stew Recipe Pro Notes
- If you are able to purchase the oxtail from an international market, ask them for the entire tail. It is most likely will be the exact price as the ones that are already chopped. Plus, you get more meat. Also, be sure to ask the butcher to chop it up for you as well.
- If you want to add a little heat, add 2 tbsp. Ti Malice hot sauce or red pepper flakes before cooking the meat for 45 minutes.
- The meat will shrink slightly when it’s cooked, be sure to get bigger precut chunks this will help the stew to come together really easy.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1581mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 34mg