This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #CocaColaHolidayMagic #CollectiveBias
Prepare to fall in love with this ah-mazing slow cooker chuck roast recipe during this holiday season.
Share the magic with friends and family and create memories to last a lifetime over delicious food and drinks. This holiday season, Coca-Cola® is making it easy for us to do just that!
Both my husband and I love to host during the holidays. Our planning starts with dinner menus – our main dish, appetizers, drinks, and games.
The last thing we want to do is hop from store to store to find all of our holiday needs.
Walmart makes it easy to bring everything together.
I can easily grab my chuck roast, snacks, and Coca-Cola® all in one place.
At home, as the food prepares, the kids are running around, and the Coca-Cola® is being chilled over a bed of ice,
Seeing that Coca Cola’s long-standing connection to the Holiday Season provides that moment of exhale to drink in the love and magic, this is a sure choice as it pairs well with any dish. You can grab the 2L and or a 6 pack .5L with the polar bears on the bottle at Walmart.
If you can’t find the ones with the polar bears on them to go with your magical theme, the original bottles are great as well.
As eager as I am to talk to you about this chuck roast recipe, let’s cover some stuff first.
Best Beef Cuts For Pot Roast
Brisket – This is the only cut I used to buy. It was the only cut I was most familiar with. This cut is from the breast section of the animal. Although you can use it, I dint particularly find it to be as tender at the end.
Round – This cut is from the derriere of the animal. Will work in this recipe as well.
Chuck Roast – I like this cut. It easy to work with. It can include bones, although I prefer it without bones. And it’s very tender as a roast.
About the chuck roast:
This holiday season I’m serving up this slow cooker chuck roast to my family and friends. It is one of the easiest, juiciest, and most flavorful meat you could make. What’s better than that is, all of the work is done in the slow cooker.
It does not stop there. You can also make this roast in your instant pot or in the oven. See tips below.
How to make slow cooker chuck roast:
I am excited to be sharing my version Pot Roast with you today! Normally my main dish would include my Haitian chicken stew, however, to jazz it up this holiday season a little more, I will also be serving this slow cooker pot roast as another choice with the Coca-Cola® from Walmart.
My slow cooker pot roast Ingredients:
- 1 3lb. chuck roast – lightly season with salt and pepper to sear.
- Additional salt and pepper to taste – we will need this to season the meat in the pot.
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil – we want to make sure we have enough to sear the meat to perfection.
- Mirepoix Mix – you can get this at Walmart. It is simply diced onions, carrots, and celery.
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced – try to use fresh garlic if possible as it will enhance the flavor of the meat.
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds – the seeds will help to provide an earthy taste.
- 1 cup sherry cooking wine – you can also get this at Walmart. This further helps to enhance the flavor of the meat, and it is great for red meats.
- 1 ½ cup beef broth – you may also use vegetable broth if desired.
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dry rosemary – just like the cumin seeds, rosemary is great with red meat and also provides an earthy flavor.
- 4 springs of thyme – another great herb to season meat; especially red meat. I use it often to prepare my Haitian meals.
- 4 large carrots – peeled and sliced. This will also provide a hint of sweetness to the meat.
- 2 tablespoon corn starch – the starch will be used at the end to thicken the sauce.
- 2 shallots and 2 celery stalks – also used to enhanced the flavor of the meat as it cooks for hours.
How to cook the pot roast in the slow cooker:
The method is simple. Add the meat to the heated oil in a skillet over high heat. Lightly season with salt and pepper per side as the other side sear. Sear the meat to medium-dark golden color. Then transfer to the pot.
Add all of the remaining ingredients one at a time over and around the meat.
Slow cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
Remove the meat and place in a platter to be served. Shred the meat using two forks and set aside.
Remove ½ cup of the sauce from the meat and add it to a small saucepan. Bring to a quick boil and add the cornstarch.
Whisk or mix until it starts to becomes slurry.
Then pour it over the shredded meat. Serve warm and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food! It’s a super easy to make, hearty, and a deliciously flavorful meal.
This will for sure stick to your ribs and will make those enjoyable moments last longer.
Slow Cooker Chuck Roast Tips
- Best to use fresh herbs and garlic as it will intensify the flavors.
- Add potatoes, such as the gold potatoes to give it a little more depth.
- Wine is not necessary to use but is a great option.
- Chuck roast meat is best to use because it is much more tender.
- You can use baby carrots, but whole carrots are sweeter.
- To make this dish in the instant pot, follow the directions in the recipe card below, then seal the Instant Pot and set it on high for one hour.
- Use a dutch oven to make this dish in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Follow the directions in the recipe card below, cover with
lid. Transfer the meat in the oven and cook for 3 hours.
I would love to know how you will be celebrating this season and how you will share the magic!
Let me know in the comments below if you made this slow cooker chuck roast recipe, and how it turned out for you.
Slow Cooker Chuck Roast Recipe
- 3lb. Chuck roast
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 10 0z. Mirepoix Mix
- 2 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Sherry cooking wine
- 1 ½ cup Beef broth – you may also use vegetable broth if desired.
- 1 tablespoon Fresh or dry rosemary
- 4 Sprigs of thyme
- 4 Large carrots
- 2 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 Shallots cut in half
- 2 Celery stalks sliced
- The method is simple. Add the meat to the heated oil in a skillet over high heat. Lightly season with salt and pepper per side as the other side sear. Sear the meat to medium-dark golden color. Then transfer to the pot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients one at a time over and around the meat. Slow cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the meat and place in a platter to be served. Shred the meat using two forks and set aside. Remove ½ cup of the sauce from the meat and add it to a small saucepan. Bring to a quick boil and add the cornstarch. Whisk or mix until it starts to becomes slurry. Then pour it over the shredded meat. Serve warm and enjoy! Adjust the amount based on the qantity liquid you need.