Here’s the RIGHT WAY to cook spaghetti squash boats! This method will leave you with a juicy, tender, spaghetti-like experience every single time. Full of fiber and other nutritious value.
Savory Thoughts: “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf,
How can you think if you are not fueled by the proper energy, or nutrition, or even the necessities in life we need to sustain?
Let’s take a moment to talk about spaghetti squash boats today. I eat squash all the time, but as much as I eat it, I used to hate handling it. I hated dealing with the tough skin.
Here’s why this Spaghetti Squash boat recipe work?
There are so many different methods on how to handle squash.
Some of the best practices include: bake first, steamed in a pan in the oven, sliced into rings, cut lengthwise, or boil first.
All of those options will work, but I have a preferred method. I microwave the squash whole for about 5 minutes to soften it up. I find this to be the most effective way to handle almost any squash, especially spaghetti squash.
How do you cook squash boats and how do you make spaghetti squash with ground beef?
Here’s my trick: after I microwave the spaghetti squash, I then would cut the squash lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Base it with olive oil in the cavity and the edges, then bake it face down on 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Then remove the boat from the oven and fill it with the beef sauce and cheese. Then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Sounds easy, right? See no hassle or stress! In the end, you are left with a delicious spaghetti squash to enjoy with your family. The squash is left moist and very much ready to be filled with your favorite toppings.
Now that we have gotten that out of the way, here’s what you’ll need: Spaghetti squash, onions, fresh parsley, fresh basil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, and olive oil.
The squash is filled with fiber and is perfect for fall and winter. It’s a great way to have “spaghetti” without all the high carb guilt.
Other recipes will you like:
Latest Video: Haitian Tasso (Steak Bites) Recipe
SAVE THIS SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS!
Also, I am always pinning tasty recipes, Let’s connect on Pinterest!
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash Boats
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- ⅓ cup Onions diced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes, crushed or 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften it up.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and brush the olive oil in the cavity and the edge of the squash. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile the squash cook, in a hot skillet brown the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Once brown, add salt and pepper. Stir. Then add the crushed tomatoes, onions, herbs and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce. Stir. Let simmer on low for 7 minutes. Remove from heat set aside.
- Use a fork to lightly scrape the inside of the squash, then fill in the cavity with the meat sauce. Topped with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool and serve warm.