When you think of cooking in an air fryer, slow cook air fryer lasagna probably isn’t the first dish that comes to mind.
As this Air Fryer Lasagna Recipe shows, it’s perfectly possible to make a savory, cheesy lasagna with a deliciously crisp top and all those familiar, comforting Italian flavors.
And even better, there’s barely any washing up, making this feast of a meal a great low-stress recipe.
Beef is most commonly associated with lasagna and is what’s used in this particular dish.
However, you could also try making it with a mix of half minced beef and half minced turkey, lamb, or meat of your choice.
The extra fat in certain meat helps to make the lasagna extra juicy and adds some additional flavor. Whichever option you decide on, choosing the best meat you can afford will make a big difference to the overall dish.
In this recipe, the minced beef is placed first into the air fryer along with the garlic and onions until the beef starts to get a little color.
That way, the meat is flavored as it cooks, giving it a beautifully deep and rich taste that runs through the rest of the dish.
The sauce in this lasagna is a simple mix of egg and cheese.
For even more flexibility, you can use a range of different cheeses with the ricotta or a combination of your favorites, though they do produce slightly different results.
Mozzarella will give you that lovely stringy, melty texture, while parmesan or cheddar will give a more salty, savory flavor.
Mixing the different kinds of cheese will give you the best of both worlds!
It’s essential that you mix the egg in with the cheese, as otherwise it will crack when baked, which doesn’t look quite as nice atop your Air Fryer Lasagna.
You want the mix to be a nice thick consistency when you layer it with your meat and pasta sheets, otherwise it will seep through to the other layers and won’t be quite as defined.
Lasagna In Air Fryer Cook Time
You may notice that the cook time for this recipe isn’t quite as quick as some other air fryer recipes.
That’s because a lower temperature is required to make sure your Air Fryer Lasagna is cooked all the way through and not just on the top.
Making this the best slow cook lasagna recipe in the air fryer.
Though the cook time may be similar to traditional lasagna recipes, the easy clean up and minimal prep time make this air fryer recipe a real winner!
How To Store And Reheat Air Fryer Lasagna
If you have any leftovers, allow them to cool before storing them in an airtight container.
They will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days, or they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Reheating your lasagna couldn’t be easier! Simply pop it back into your air fryer, covered, for around 10 minutes at 340 degrees (allow to thaw first if your leftovers are frozen).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes. Absolutely! You can prepare this lasagna ahead of time, transfer it to a freezer safe, covered baking dish and cook it when you are ready. When ready to start cooking, remove the cover, and slow cook the lasagna in the air fryer.
Cook the lasagna in the air fryer for 3 ½ hours. Be sure to cover the lasagna with with aluminum foil.
It is best to keep the lasagna at 3 layers. Feel free to use two baking dish if preparing this dish for a dinner party.
Also, we would appreciate if could give it a star rating below!
Please follow us on YouTube to see all of our latest videos!
Slow Cooked Air Fryer Lasagna Recipe
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Large White Sweet Onion Chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Cloves Or 6 Garlic cloves; Chopped
- 24 Oz. Traditional Pasta Sauce (1 Can) Plus 1 cup of pasta sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 ½ Tsp. Brown Sugar
- 9 Dried Lasagna Noodles Ends broken to fit desired fitted baking dish
- ½ Lb. Mozzarella Cheese Divided; Shredded. More if needed.
- ½ Lb. Sliced Provolone Divided. More if needed.
- ½ Lb. Mozzarella Cheese Sliced; Divided. More if needed.
- In a large skillet on the stop top, heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, cook and stir as needed until browned. This should take about 8 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the pasta sauce, water, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, basil, and parsley. Stir. Then add the sugar, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the stove and set aside for cooling. Reserve 1 ½ Cup and set aside.
Lasagna In Air Fryer
- Add ½ Cup of the meat sauce to the baking dish. Top the sauce with 3 lasagna noodles, side by side. Top the noodles with a layer of the shredded mozzarella cheese and one layer of the provolone cheese. Top with cheese sauce (2-3 spoonful). Repeat the steps 2 more times with the remaining sauce, cheese, and noodles. Do not add the cheese to the final set of layers. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and transfer to the air fryer. Set the temperature to 225° and cook for 3 ½ hours.
- When the time is complete, top the lasagna with the remaining mozzarella and provolone slices. Place back in the air fryer and coook for an additional 5 mintues. Or if you are not in a hurry, let the salagna sit for 30 minutes, covered, so that the cheese can melt. Allow cooling completely, about 30 minutes before serving. When ready to serve, add a spoonful of the reserved sauce to a plate, and cut out the desired lasagna slice and place it on the plate. Top with parsley flakes and cheeese, if desired. Enjoy!